Joseph gets high

Joseph gets high

The song's not very popular, but the title of this entry is patterned after Jimmy Gets High by Daniel Powter, you know, the guy who sang the smash hit Bad Day.

Anyway, Joseph's feeling all good tonight. Feeling Absolutly fine, in fact. Haha.

I thoroughly enjoyed the BBQ at West Coast Park in celebration of Ivy's birthday. Rohit, Ivy's Indian boyfriend (Ivy's my high school classmate of four years and my scholarshipmate here in SG), prepared a "surprise" BBQ for her, but Ivy unintentionally saw the groceries in Rohit's room the night before, so haha, what can I say.

Anyway, it was good to chitchat again with Korinna, another of my high school batchmates, and who I haven't quite chatted with for the longest time. I missed her, needless to say. :) Hope she and her boyfriend Sundeep go strong despite whatever odds.

Karen was there, and of course that's always a treat. Seriously. Haha I love you Chicken. Before you get any ideas, her Mauritian boyfriend Mega was there as well, and--Karen you better quote me on this--I have to say they're the perfect match. He wittily matches Karen's sense of humor, and they're just a sweet couple together.

I also met Aditi, Ivy's Indian friend, who has an American accent because she's lived in the US and has been traveling around since her dad's a diplomat, and she's ultra cool. I like. It's just bam, you know a fun and cool girl when you see her.

The Indian bunch were there as well, and they're such a fun-loving and laughing group. Being an international student myself, I've always had a certain affinity to fellow international students, even during my bridging year two years ago, and the Indian bunch was no exception. I'm glad that Ivy is in good hands.

Later, past 10PM, the Pinoy bunch of Jayson, Cecilia, Gail, and Cassy dropped over. I'm so glad they came by even if it was rather late! I miss those guys, and the rest of the Filipinos. They saw me when I was half-tipsy already, though, but no matter, it's good laugh when in good company.

Thanks to the great company, yummy BBQ food, and Absolut Vodka for making me high tonight. Thanks Korinna and Karen for tolerating my rantings on the suckiness of life, and don't worry, something has absolutly done the trick. :)

Tomorrow I'll stress about my stuff, but not tonight. =P

* * *

Dad called! Amazing. One of the very rare times that Dad calls. Not his fault, it was sort of our agreement that I would do the calling, since I get charged for received calls here, and so it's so much cheaper if I call home. Thus I was so apprehensive when I heard his voice, because something strange or unusual or God forbid, disastrous, may have just happened, but thankfully, nothing of that sort occurred.

Did you book your ticket already, was among my dad's first questions. Good thing the network was down last night, and I was forced to postpone my booking of the flight back home to Davao to today. And today I was caught up with stuff, so I wasn't able to book. And then Dad called.

Dad and Kai might be dropping Singapore 16th to 19th December! I'm very happy really. I think there's something just--for lack of better words--wrong, with your family not seeing your University, when you've been studying in it for almost four years, and the air tickets aren't even so costly because Singapore isn't really too far from home. I remember joking around and asking them, how do they really know I go to a University? For all they know I could be faking everything and going on a long holiday every time. Right?

* * *

Later when I was back at Ridge View Residences, I dropped by Joanne's room and had a fun and lively chitchat with her and Iris. I was still quite high, and it's very fun and refreshing to talk about happy things, even not-so-happy things with a fun twist, in contrast to depressing and stressful academics and choir stuff.

We should do this more often. :) Even with Aaron too.

* * *

Just now, I've just come to an important realization: Assume nothing. Of schoolwork and tests and exams, of friendship and relationships. It's just disturbing when one is suddenly slapped with a piece of irrevocable truth, subverting all assumptions, and making one feel stupid and betrayed.

Joanne posed a question I can't get off my head: Why do you even bother? Maybe I shouldn't because it doesn't really involve me, but I don't know, I guess some people just pour more of themselves into friendships, and tend to make lofty ideal notions, which in reality don't exist.

* * *

To you, I'm sorry I've been treating you like a doormat. Even doormats need doormats too.

* * *

Hmm... Apparently the highness has run out. Back to bed tonight, and back to schoolwork tomorrow!