Wala Lang

Too many blogworthy events happened lately, and as usual, I haven't the time to blog.

I thought I'd mention the following in passing, by way of a short phrase, but it turned out much longer, so I'm making it a separate paragraph. The significant events were the memorable and enjoyable NUS Choir concert (small ensemble was the smallest group I sang in and with the biggest crowd), the interesting Choir elections earlier tonight (Congrats Aaron and Nadia, and I'm seriously gonna miss you Iris, Huai Zhi, Kurien and Joanne and the exchange students!), the Keng Khoon send-off at Changi airport last night (ex-Choir President is going to Germany for exchange), Karen's big break in the form of a Masters program on Infectious Diseases in Switzerland(!!), the application form of which I sent to Biopolis so she's especially thankful to me, my midterm tests and the stinging results (in large part because of carelessness), my movie marathon at Central Library waiting for that epiphany of a good essay topic for my Film History essay (I'm thinking of doing Robert Altman's Gosford Park and highlighting its parallel with Jean Renoir's The Rules of the Game, but the unanswered big question is: So what?), and that small proud moment when, after having answered a question posted by my Financial Mathematics lecturer in our tutorial class, and the lecturer said he wasn't satisfied, I spoke up, "But the answer is not wrong, Sir, right? It's not the best answer, but it satisfies all the conditions given by the question, so it can't be wrong. It can be improved, yes, but it's not wrong." (He smiled and wanted to answer, but since there was a similar question in the midterm, and a student was to take the make-up test that evening, he said he'll explain another time.)

So what is this post about again? I guess it's a wala lang post. "Wala lang" means "just nothing" in Filipino, and that's what this post is all about. Sort of a "just because" post -- you know, the sort that's of no particular pressing reason, but it's just there.

Joseph is exhausted now, but he wishes everyone well, especially the choir members he'll miss, the choir members who have just/will step up soon, the sad and disappointed, the dutiful ones who strive to do their best despite poor returns. God please give me strength to face the coming weeks -- it's gonna get bumpy from now on.

Gooood night, dear reader.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey :) all the best in everything dude

just wanted to say it was great singing next to you during the ensemble thingys..

and thanks very much for the support in elections :) really appreciate it *hugs*

take good care of yourself okie?
once again, all the best! see ya round *wink*



love,
xian~ :)