I'm no Superman

Stupendous Man, more like it.

More of a six-year-old in a superhero costume. A six-year-old absolutely convinced he’s a superhero as much as he is believes he has an imaginary best friend of the tiger sort who talks to him. (For the record, I love Calvin & Hobbes – I even painstakingly created two blog templates some years back using the comic).

But what I want to vent out right now, actually, is that I’m not feeling very superhero right now. Superhero tasks yes, bring them on, I think I inadvertently muttered to the cosmos some months back. And here I am, absolutely overwhelmed by the things I have to do.

And it’s one thing to actually accomplish the tasks at hand, but it’s very well another thing to accomplish them correctly, and achieve the desired effect. Sometimes the desired effect never comes, despite best effort, and it just sucks like that. And when it sucks, Joseph being Joseph, he needs some time to overthink it and clear the emo stuff it unnecessarily entails, before moving on to saving the rest of the world.

Last week, a friend kindly helped me to have the zipper of a backpack fixed. I searched high and low in the neighbourhood around my house, but even the seamstress couldn’t fix it and I didn’t know where else to go. When my friend got back to me and said that everything was all right, I was so incredibly thankful that FINALLY something went right, FINALLY there was a piece of good news, even if it were just the backpack zipper.

I guess the few other pieces of good news I’ve conveniently tucked away into my blind side, so at the moment I am unable to appreciate them as much as I should.

In any case, I guess given the time constraints, I should remind myself to be rational amidst all these things, and not let the emo slow me down. There is a limit my body can do, yes, and in fact I am overworking myself and looking ten freaking years older than I should in the process, but.. what to do?

We can’t slow down yet, Mr Joseph, there are people to rescue from burning houses! Actually it’s your own house that’s burning, save yourself and whatever you hold precious! Have a temporary heart transplant, for now leave the real one in a glass box and implant a steel heart in its place. No time for feeling here, the house is burning!

Besides, the heart is a funny thing. Don’t go there. Over the past weeks I’ve come across real-life stories about the mysterious, maddening, messy ways that the heart can affect people and lives. You can’t solve it yourself, Mr Joseph. Drop your heart, take your vitamins, and go save babies from burning houses instead.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi-ya everyone, good board I have found It very accessible and it has helped me alot
I hope to contribute & help other users like this chat board has helped me

_________________
[url=http://iphoneusers.com]jailbreak iphone 3.1.3[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hey i am new here, I hit upon this board I have found It amply helpful & its helped me out loads. I should be able to give something back & aid other users like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, Catch You About.

Anonymous said...

Finally the future of safe smoking is here! It looks, feels & tasts like a real cigarette but it's not a traditional cigarette. It's called an e cigarette People who already have experienced this amazing smokeless device are suprised by it's performance which contains No Tar,Ash,Odor or Secondhand Smoke.

[URL=http://www.electroniccig.com][B]electronic cig[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

Aloha i'm fresh on here, I stumbled upon this forum I find It positively helpful and its helped me a great deal. I hope to contribute and support other people like its helped me.

Cheers, See You About.

Anonymous said...

Sup im fresh to this. I came accross this board I find It extremely helpful and it's helped me so much. I should be able to contribute and guide other users like its helped me.

Thanks Everyone, Catch You About.

Anonymous said...

Whats's Up i'm fresh to this. I stumbled upon this chat board I find It extremely helpful and it has helped me loads. I should be able to give something back & guide others like its helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Around.

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i'm fresh to this. I came upon this forum I have found It exceedingly accommodating and its helped me alot. I hope to give something back & aid others like its helped me.

Thanks a load, See You Later.

Anonymous said...

What's Happening im fresh on here. I hit upon this website I find It incredibly helpful and it's helped me out so much. I should be able to give something back and assist others like its helped me.

Cheers, See Ya Later

Anonymous said...

Hi-ya im fresh to this, I hit upon this website I find It vastly accommodating and its helped me loads. I should be able to give something back and guide other users like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See Ya Later.

Anonymous said...


I delight in the information on your site. Thnx. i SUCK i KNOW