Great.

Great.

Apparently, I was indeed correct when I mentioned at the beginning of this sem that this academic year will find an angrier, more bitter, me.

Latest in a string of unfortunate events: fried my 80GB external hard drive, causing me to worry about whether my TV shows, movies, a large dump of MP3's, galleries and galleries of PHOTOS, old lecture notes and tutorials and projects and miscellaneous documents for Choir & Ridge & NUS and heck even Pisay days, are still recoverable. I promised someone I'd post some recent photos in my Flickr account, and I couldn't because of this.

Golden lava still flowing off my arms, craters of red volcanoes expanding, and I just learned that the doctor who examined me a few weeks back, who let me strip and touched my legs a little longer than necessary, is rumored to be gay. More than anything, after two trips to his clinic, the red volcanoes and golden lava are still very much active.

* * *

Today the NUS Choir had its first rehearsal with the new recruits from last week's auditions. We were playing this sticker game variation of the Speed Dating game, and this pretty girl came up to me, we chitchatted and I won, and the forfeit was for me to place a sticker on her face or forehead. She said, nah, she'll stick the thing on herself. She was very nice and friendly and all (and funky too, from her big round green earrings and sassy specs), really, but I couldn't help but think that she didn't want me to stick the thing because, well, let's just say the back of my right hand is a red volcano region.

Visayon the Publicity Sec, who I like to joke around with, like Aaron, said in our committee discussion of what to do during the first practice, that maybe the forfeit for the losers of the game would involve me. He said that I would give them a hug. With my red volcanoes and crusty gold goo on my arms, I sure as hell was willing to bet it would've been a nasty forfeit no freshie would ever forget. That was quite a funny suggestion, though, I thought when Vi joked about it. Thinking about it again, I don't quite feel so good.

Tutorials begin next week. Woe to those who haven't begun studying yet.

* * *

Lord please help me decide which module to drop: EN3223: 19th Century Literature and Culture (offered by this amazing British-accented Cambridge-educated lecturer who's a staple in every year's Faculty Teaching Excellence Awardee list) or EN3249: The Body: Politics, Poetics, Perception (a very interesting module taught by this funky English lecturer whose module I enjoyed last time, although I'm worried the subject material is a bit too hardcore philosophy and literature).

* * *

The Ridge magazine is out! It's the bumper issue that's supposedly the March/April issue. (Yes, some problem with the printers I think.. the higher-up editors don't really like to talk about it much) It's still good stuff, mind you, and it's fresh from the printers. I have an article there, too, so it can't be too bad. Haha. The August issue will be out in a week's time too, methinks. Good stuff, take a copy and read.

Mugging time now. Arts modules have so many readings I should read at every opportunity I have. Goodnight.



P.S.
Thank you you lovely people for dropping by my blog and offering your kind words and encouragement. I'm still breathing and blogging, so I can't be NOT okay. (Then again 'okay' is such an ambiguous word) Thanks a lot!