Like restless wind inside a letterbox

Thoughts meander
Like a restless wind inside a letter box
They tumble blindly
As they make their way Across the universe
_________

I suspect I may have been a die-hard Beatles fan in a past life. Theirs are my happy songs, and quite poetic and quotable too. Even their melancholic songs strike me, and Sgt Pepper, Eleanor Rigby (All the lonely people, where do they come from?) are intriguing characters.

But I digress.

That excerpt was just my way of starting off this entry. A way of describing my state of mind, Beatles-style.:) Thoughts continue to swirl in my head, and I continue to struggle finding ways to put them into writing. Maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't, but actually, that brings me to one of the reasons I thought of writing an entry anyway.

Belated happy birthday Mama! I realise she's one of my most avid readers, and although (or maybe precisely because) we don't talk much on the phone (everyone's in the Philippines and I'm in Singapore), she reads my blog faithfully. She sends me emails too, which I sometimes forget to reply to. So hello there Ma, here's a blog update from me to you, and I hope you had a terrific birthday! I called late at night on June 29 to greet her, and I'm glad that nicely capped her 55th birthday.:) Much love to my Dad and my sister Kai too! I hope you guys are doing great, and thanks Dad for the SMSes (and the use of your credit card!). I got the goodies too that you guys sent to me through Karen, my profuse thanks!

________

A lot of my friends are moving out of NUS too. I told my friend Joanne from Ridge View Residences (that's RVR for you), during her last few days here, that a song I thought she ought to be singing is In My Life. Actually, what really got me was the There are places I'll remember bit and similar lines, never mind the romantic I love you more part (because Joseph's unattached and couldn't relate). And yes, maybe because it's true, all these places had their moments, with lovers and friends, I still can recall.

I'm gonna miss a lot of people in the next schoolyear. But it's okay, the places that I'll remember now bear their invisible indelible marks.


I'll make an abrupt suspension of this entry, as the dryer's done with my clothes, and I should be off to bed so I could wake up tomorrow in time to iron my shirt for work.:) To be continued.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is always some sadness in parting. But there's the sweetness too of shared adventures and memories. Being able to let go is part of maturity. Time and changes do make us grow! Touche through the blue line.