No dishes left unwashed

No dishes left unwashed

I've just finished my kitchen chores, and let me prouldly announce that there are no dishes left unwashed. I say it with a sort of leave-no-stone-unturned accomplishment, because of all chores, dishwashing hits the top 10 of my dislikes.

In any case, I'm still domesticated for my own good, but it's a good thing I guess. My friends began their classes on Tuesday, and so did my sister. I guess it's Home Alone time for me now, as I guess the time of going out with friends has come to an end as I don't fly to Singapore until mid-July. I'm not complaining much, really, as I pretty much expected nothing else.

For a while my post as editor for the Outspoken Desk of The Ridge has been keeping me busy, gathering and editing articles from my writers, nagging them if they don't submit, asking them and collecting pictures for their articles, and settling writers' matters with my bosses. My deadline's over, though, and after submitting the Outspoken Desk articles to my Executive Ed, I guess that leaves me free. Relatively. I think.

I don't check my emails often (I miss unlimited internet in NUS), and I find that the longer the time before I decide to do so, the longer my break turns out to be.

* * *

It was the 108th year of Philippine Independence on Monday, that's why the first day of class nationwide was moved the next day. I feel a bit bad that I did not especially feel a burning sense of patriotism in me that day, and all I really cared for the previous days were sales at the malls, and the weekend before Independence day turned out to be a good time to pop by the mall for good discounts. I'm sorry, dear mother Philippines, you know I love you anyway. :)

The weekend before that there were midnight sales as well, this time due to an event called "Back-to-school". Next weekend there would be another reasons for malls to issue discounts, Father's Day. Ahh you cheeky cheeky shopowners.. you always find a reason to celebrate.

I'm not complaining though. I got myself a good pair of jeans (button-fly with a bluish-green tinge), Chucks-like shoes from Bench for everyday use in school, Board shorts (as if I do surfing), and boxers! Yiheee. I'm usually a briefs person, for the record.

* * *

I've finally finished reading A Twist in the Tale, a short story collection by Jeffrey Archer. Wow, I feel so proud of myself. I've always loved short stories, because I'm too lazy to finish novels, but the thing with short story collections is that I never get to finish them--until Jeffrey Archer's.

I have vowed that it will be a new life after last semester, and part of the process is to finish off what was left undone in the past. A few days ago, I finished Harry Potter 6 (softcopy downloaded from the Internet hurhur), which I only partially read in December. Now I'm thinking of finishing up my Stephen King short story collections, two of them, which I hesitated to finish some YEARS ago because I didn't want to run out of stories, because each story was just so good (or so I thought then).

A lot to finish and settle and loose ends to tie according to my grand New Life plan, and I'm hell bent on doing everything to make this work.