NUS Choir Rocks

NUS Choir Rocks

Ahh.. fresh from Shah Alam, and I'm on a high.

Retelling the Shah Alam experience
would require a lengthy session of my usual stammering and stuttering and it would go nowhere. Let me see, it was crazy and happy and depressing and a laughing session and ooh some tension here and there.

The "depressing" part came when Big Boss made an impromptu revelation during the comm meeting regarding me, and for a while I felt like shit. He didn't mean it of course; he meant it as a positive example of sorts. (It wasn't him anyway: it was the message that sucked, not the messenger.) The pessimist in me took over, and I had to take a walk. But nah, it's all okay now, and so, discounting this minor glitch, most everything about the 2005 Voyage of Songs was super. Loved every moment of it.

So I'd like to profess my sincere fondness and lurrve for NUS Choir. Congratulations to us for winning Gold in both the categories we entered, AND yahooo Best Interpretation of the Set Piece. Even if we missed being the category winner for Open Mixed Advanced (by less than two points!), we still hit the gold despite the majority of the choir being untrained and inexperienced singers. Congrats to Yan Ting for hitting it big on her "virgin" performance (her words) as a conductor of the Folklore Category, and to Wei Wei for his grand splash into the conductor scene alongside the rest of the more established ones. You guys deserve it.

I'm glad the entire choir had crazy fun. We were practically laughing and bonding all four days. Special mention goes to my fellow basses! Haha seriously, we kick-ass guys. I'm also mighty happy that the Filipina girls (Kirsten, Renee, Jenica, Abby) had tremendous fun as well. I'm especially glad that the exchange students (R J & A) had a blast. Haha I'm absolutely sure you meant it when you said you'll miss the choir when you're back in Manila. The Comm members, the Exco and Musico, we did it! Haha Big Boss KK and VP Iris and WW and YT were the ones whose burden was heaviest, so kudos to you all. I'm glad to be part of the comm. The whole choir, really, ahh you rock.

Oh yeah, a Filipino Choir joined the competition too. It was nice to see them as I had some sort of encounter with home. Theirs was quite an unfortunate situation: the choir missed their flight because of some flood, they forfeited their tickets, had to find sponsors last minute, came late. But they managed to come in time for the competition proper, and they were so super cheerful and happy to be there. The exchange girls shrieked with delight when they saw them, and it was, well, as expected, a happy photo session. Hehe.

Speaking of photos, there were probably two million shot, and I'll upload them here when somebody posts them up in the choir forum.

Happy happy. And by this time tomorrow, I'll be in the Philippines already, probably in the plane from Manila to Davao. Hehe just this thought motivates me to endure one miserable night at the airport in Changi later. Hehe.

Next post comes when I'm at home. All my good vibes go out to the world.