Back!

Back!

I can remember some other ancient post I made with the same unimaginative title but what the heck, it's been way too long, and although the thought of my blog being old and rotting and moldy was nagging me the entire Christmas break, nah, the laziness got the better of me, but tada, now I'm back. *applause*

Now now, where does a lazy blogger begin when there's three past weeks of blogworthy events waiting to be chronicled? Yawn. I think I'm gonna be good to myself and spare me the trouble. BUT, maybe I'll just give a rough and chop-chop description of what on earth has been keeping me busy the past weeks.

My arrival home in the Philippines was a bit bumpy, what with a sweet-talking lousy taxi driver capping off a sleepless, neck-breaking travel experience that began with a bus ride from Malaysia, an uncomfy night at the airport by my lonesome, two flights, and two heavy bags (on top of the laptop bag slung across my chest) whose straps broke conveniently when I realised I had to walk 1KM from one building of the NAIA airport to another. I was so cranky that I was a bit irritated at my mom, who was alone with me at home when I arrived.

But nonetheless, I was home, and that's always a good thing. My Dad and sister arrived the next day (Dad from a trip to Marbel, South Cotabato, my sister from Los Baños) and it was good to fill the Sorongon household once more. My sister was rushing to the TV as soon as she stepped into the door. "TV! TV!" she said as if in a trance. Well, I can't blame her. Cable TV rocks man.

* * *

Christmas was, for lack of better words, strange. It was less brighter than the previous years, for several reasons. I guess that goes for most every other Filipino household, what with the "exciting" political and socio-economic events of the year. Personally, it was gloomier for a number of reasons, like seeing my ninang (godmother) suddenly sick, my cousins not coming over due to reasons, our high school batch outing not quite being a "batch" outing, both my lolas (grannies) not being in the best of conditions, and some others. My cousins, Patricia and Niño, came over to my Lola's place and it was great to have them around, but yeah, we commented how our big cousins' reunion, with a studio picture as a symbol, was getting increasingly difficult to pull off, especially now that some of my cousins have just graduated and are now chained by their ahem, careers.

But well, Christmas is Christmas, and Christmas at home is just dandy. And thus, it was still the happy and warm and fuzzy event it was meant to be. I've made a mental note of the things I want to do before I turn twenty (because really, 20 is a BIG year and people who cross over are O-L-D, just ask Karen to be sure haha), and one of them is to complete the traditional Filipino dawn masses, called misa de gallo or simbang gabi. They go on for 9 mornings, from the 16th to the 24th of December at the oddest of hours 4AM. And I completed them! Haha, and aside from the few times when I was too sleepy to listen to the homily, I actually listened and put to heart what the priest said. Even that one lousy homily of this priest I couldn't forget, even his two lame totally-unChristmas jokes. Anyway, point is, I finished the simbang gabi set (one of the days we went to church at night though, hope it still counts), and that reportedly entitles me to a wish that's sure to be granted. I haven't thought of one yet, but never mind. I did it before I turned twenty, and that's a big thing already. Definitely a highlight of this year's X'mas season.

* * *

So what else have happened? Dunno, time seems to always keep me off-guard. Speaking of time, I think I'm running out of it in my use of this PC in this internet cafe, so tada, I bid you farewell, dear bloggie, and whoever else is reading this post. Oh, I'm in Kidapawan City, btw, here to spend some time with my other Lola. Hehe. Will be back in Davao tomorrow afternoon.

Maybe I'll rant more in my next post. Now for some Jollibee Chickenjoy to bring home to Lola! Happy new year!