Just dropping by

Just dropping by

It's 3:45AM and I'm dropping by to say how incredibly exhausting this sem has been so far. And yes it's only Wednesday of Week 3.

I've been hit by another round of my random bouts of depression (OK, not-so-random), but what's new. Well, I dunno, maybe it's the compounded effect of taking 6 modules (I was even going for 7 before dropping the last one... what was I thinking), working my ass off for Hall and Choir, and I'm beginning to suspect the less-than-squeaky-clean state of my room is not doing me any good.

Oh yeah, it was clubbing for me and Ferron and Myriel and Karen & Mega and Korinna & Sundeep at this new funky clubbing place called Ministry of Sound. Four "rooms" of thumping music baby, to suit everyone's tastes. There was the Smoove (R&B and Top 40[?] music being played in some sort of cage.. most packed of the rooms), 54 (Retro! Haha never thought I'd appreciate it, but this one was a kick-ass happy place, complete with Austin Powers spirals, Eezy Dancing white dance floor tiles that light up, and 20 or so disco balls of different sizes), the White Room (I dunno what it's called but it's like one of those fashion TV places where people just lounge around while trance plays in the background) and Main Arena (where they play House music).

Anyway, my point about MOS is although it was superb, I realize that clubbing in the beginning of the sem cannot count as "clubbing therapy" as I like to call the end-of-sem post-exam clubbing. In fact, I'm just tired. But don't get me wrong -- it was loads of fun. But yeah, I'm tired.

Oh yeah, this is an excerpt of my song of the moment. Kick-ass video, too, seriously. But of course it's my song of the moment for a reason.

________

I've been thinking maybe I'm partly cloudy
Maybe I'm the chance of rain
And maybe I'm overcast
And maybe all my luck's washed down the drain

I've been thinkin' 'bout everyone, everyone you look so lonely
But when I look at the stars,
When I look at the stars,
When I look at the stars
I see someone else
When I look at the stars, the stars
I feel like myself

Stars looking at our planet,
Watching entropy and pain
And maybe startin' to wonder
How this chaos in our lives could pass as sane


- Switchfoot, "Stars"

________


As far as I know, Singapore is virtually starless on a regular day. That, or maybe I need better glasses.

Actually, I haven't been stargazing lately anyway, so I have no idea.