Version 1_9

Version 1_9

Haha. Here I am, wondering how on earth the past few days turned out to be the way they were. I certainly hadn't planned any of this, that's for sure. I did not plan the eyebags and the accompanying fatigue, I did not plan the sudden caffeine rush to wake myself during long and winding lectures, I did not plan on eating whatever strange thing it was that almost made me puke today.

I had good plans leading to this day, that I'm sure of. I wanted to do this and that, secret masterplans that will just have to be chucked away for the meantime.

I was looking at the mirror yesterday morning, in preparation for my 8AM Regression Analysis test, when I was suddenly reminded of what my high school friend Erine told me one day a few years back.

"You look awful, Joseph," she said one afternoon. Vain little Joseph was taken aback. This was high school, so you can imagine how it must've felt. "Really?" I said, still couldn't quite believe that she had the audacity so say something that blunt to my face. "Yeah."

I looked at her intently and saw that she had a look of sincere and utmost concern. That was the time of countless lab reports, articles to submit, lectures to catch up on, and quizzes and tests to endure. Maybe she was right.

I look at myself in the mirror now and well, with the tremendous amount of work I've set upon myself, how can I not look awful? But nah, I just shrug it off.

I'm still not regretting any of my decisions of late. I'm finally earning my first pay of sorts, for doing this transcription job that I'm mighty proud. I'm feeling good about myself, really. I feel surrounded by love of friends and family. Never mind the occasional bumps; it takes precious little to make me happy anyway, awful-looking or not.

Version 2_0 is coming up very soon. Bring it on, baby.