Heaven help us all

Heaven help us all

The title's this inspirational gospel tune I got from study buddy Aaron. Basically it's an upbeat song by Ray Charles and Gladys Knight about, well, heaven helping everybody, from the boy who never had a home and the girl who walks the street alone, to the boy who won't reach twenty-one and the people with their backs against the wall.

God I am absolutely overwhelmed with things to do. And it's miserable, really. Lemme see, so I have to do a script cum cue sheet for the Varsity Voices Concert, memorize all the songs for the same, write a draft of my essay for my film module by Tuesday, study for three midterm tests soon after VV06: financial accounting, calculus, and regression analysis (must study harder especially since I got lousy results for my first few tests), write an article for the Ridge since April's the last issue, and yeah, I don't even want to think about what else.

I've been mugging intensively the past days, and althought it seems I've been exerting quite a lot of effort, the truth is I'm not covering enough ground. I've only studied for two of my six modules, although from the look in my face and the tiredness in my eyes I should've covered all six.

Pressure from Choir is pumped up now as well, especially with the concert just a week away. I feel particularly sucky today because some of us basses weren't quite able to live up to our student conductor Weiwei's expectations especially on the Shah Alam song Dokin-dokin. It sucks too, personally, that I am not able to memorize the songs yet. Especially the other Japanese songs where I am admittedly quite blur. And oh yeah, the Missa Brevis too.

Today after a long day at Siglap South CC for our third to the last practice for VV06, I went to NTU with Kirsten, Cassy and Mike for the Filipino party that was for the first time held at NTU, as it is traditionally held at NUS. I shall not go on and turn didactic now and attempt to describe how people should behave in parties, but let me just say that I think that the organizers and those in the larger clique could have made exerted a little more effort to be more inclusive. It was fun as the night progressed, nonetheless, and the food was good. Special mention goes to the yummy chicken adobo that is Ferron's pride, and the beef steak prepared by the guys from SMU. People were complimenting my shirt too, that Ferron and Karen got for me from Indonesia. Hehe it's a nice shirt and I like it, really -- I guess I must apologize to Ferron a bit for always mentioning that the shirt is too small for me (it is quite small actually), but instead appreciate the shirt more perhaps. :)

Anyway, my current depressant now, the latest in a series of unfortunate events, is the fact that I lost my wallet. I only noticed when during the group photo-taking after the dinner at NTU. It sucks, really, and I'm positively feeling miserable right about now. To the good soul who chanced upon it, please please return it. The $20 or 30 bucks I have there is not much anyway, but I'm just stressed about my matriculation card, EZ link card, cashcard, atm and debit and credit cards. Please don't use my debit and credit cards too, because that would sink me to lower depths.

Hmm.. sometimes I think I take things too seriously, and would sometimes wish I had a more cheerful approach to all these things. I'd like to think I was once a cheerful person, and many times I still am (or so I think), but I dunno, I guess I've become hardened and cynical.

A few more special mentions. To Karen, hey I miss you already let's hang out sometime and drown ourselves in each other's woes. Jasper, where on earth have you gone.. I haven't heard from you in the longest time and I miss you too you bastard. Jacques, hey cheer up okay and study well so you could get the SG scholarship! It's gonna be fun to have you around. To Kai, hey hey I heard about your swimming thing and I'm so happy for you. God bless you in your exams and don't worry too much about next sem k? I'll call you sometime. :)

I've been thinking too about giving up some of my activities next semester because I'm pretty sure 7 modules will drive me insane. I haven't decided what I'm going to drop, but I've come to conclude that it most likely won't be NUS Choir. :)

OK, it's a new day now, must finish the cue sheet and get myself some sleep.