Plug

Plug

Been emailing some of my yahoogroups the message below regarding the NUS Choir Concert on Saturday. I haven't memorized the songs yet! Talk about stress man! But then, haha what's new? Anyway, I'm plugging the concert here on my blog as well, as hmm.. maybe Katlyn might chance upon my blog soon and be interested? And I dunno who else might come, really.. but hooray Tatatee a.k.a. Minli is gonna come with 4 other friends.. Haha I'm finally gonna meet you! :)

Ash Wednesday tomorrow (later).. I hope that Lent will make me more prayerful and more in touch with my spirit. And nope, I'm not gonna breakdown anytime soon. Jesus help me please.

And oh yeah I love NUS Choir. Good night!

_____


Hey hello there everyone,

Sorry I have to plug this.. but it's gonna be fun!

* * * * * *

Varsity Voices 2006: An Evening of Flower Songs
by the NUS Choir

The choir will showcase flower songs from the Renaissance to the contemporary period in their repertoire, including award-winning pieces performed at the second Voyage of Songs International Choral Competition in December 2005.

Saturday, 4th March 2006, 7:30 PM
University Cultural Centre Hall, NUS
Tickets at $12

For ticket enquiries, please contact
Li Yi (91121256)
Iris (98355665)

http://www.nuschoir.org


* * * * * *

And the repertoire isn't exactly flower flower songs as one would tend to imagine. We'll have some Baroque pieces, Missa Brevis, award-winning pieces in Advanced Open Mixed and Folklore categories from our competition in Malaysia in December 2005, Japanese songs, and some contemporary English tunes including Stevie Wonder and Billy Joel songs and a Beatles medley.

Sounds good right? Haha, you can contact me at 90745231 or at joseph@nus.edu.sg for tickets. Get them early so I can chope whatever good seats left.

Thanks!

Warm regards
Joseph


P.S. Here's the repertoire:


Baroque Pieces
    Blessing, Glory and Wisdom (JS Bach)
    Salve Regina (Antonio Lotti)
    Ascendo ad Patrem meum (Jacob Handl)
Missa Brevis (Nancy Telfer)
    Kyrie
    Gloria
    Sanctus
    Agnus Dei
Shah Alam Open Mixed Advance Pieces
    Sweet Honey-Sucking Bees (John Wilbye)
    With a Lily in Your Hand (Eric Whitacre)
    Do-kin-do-kin (Akira Miyoshi)
Shah Alam Folklore Pieces
    Wayang Kulit Medley (Traditional)
    Dong Dong Kui (Traditional)
Japanese Songs
    Sakura (Traditional, arr Toshinato Sato)
    Tinsagu No Hana (Traditional, arr Jin Okamoto)
    Funauta (Hideki Chihara)
English Japanese Songs
    Love's in Need of Love Today (Stevie Wonder)
    Lullabye (Billy Joel)
    Roads (Steve Dobrogosz)
    Beatles Medley (arr Ed Lojeski)