Varsity Voices 2006

Varsity Voices 2006

The NUS Choir concert deserves more than this brief post I'm gonna publish, but let it suffice to say that the concert was a personal whirlwind of emotions for me personally. I must say the choir in general thoroughly enjoyed ourselves singing for the crowd, and from the response of the audience to the Beatles medley and the shouts for an encore, I daresay the audience enjoyed the show too.

And so I must say for the nth time, I love NUS Choir. We rock.

Here is a recording of a song we performed. It's this lovely song called Roads. Right click here and save it to your computer to listen to it.

* * *

I am incredibly touched too by the presence of the Filipino community in the concert. Thank you for coming; it meant a lot to me. And of course to Regina's friend who went with her, haha whatever his nationality is haha, and to Minli a.k.a. Tatatee. I'm sorry I didn't catch you there, but I hope you got your tickets at the front-of-house and enjoyed the show with your friends or family! :)

I hope you all were by no means forced to come, because I tried to make sure that only those who are interested would come. No nagging or anything from me, because I would hate for someone to be not enjoying the show because attending it was against his will. Besides, choral music is something you like or you don't sometimes as a simple matter of preference, so if you strayed to the free Hip Hop Nite show at the UCC Courtyard right outside the Hall, I wouldn't blame you hehe.

After the choir concert, I helped my fellow comm member Kurien backstage to clear up the rooms and lock them, so basically I had to wait for most everyone to pack their bags and leave before I could go. There was some complications with the security, so that delayed me further. Bottom line: thanks to the Pinoys again for waiting for me. Haha I hope it wasn't mean of me to not go leave with you after the waiting. Haha work stuff again for choir, what can I say. I'm stepping down as Records Secretary soon anyway, so hopefully I'd be less busy.

* * *

When I was about to go back to KR by my lonesome because everyone else left already, and upon calling Karen, the Pinoys were headed home too anyway, I caught fellow bass Aaron at the bus, and told me he'd be dropping by KR too to meet his friend Christina, who I also know from KR Choir. After dropping my stuff in my room, I decided to say hi to Christina too, and when we got there, her room had James and Lishi and Sunny too, with Grace fixing up her stuff in a nearby room. Anyway, in the end, I ended up playing around with them, watching Christina's collection of videos from Amplitude, the hall choirs' concert, and engaging in chitchat. Later, after James and Grace went home to their real cribs in Singapore, we went for supper at Fong Seng, this time with this interesting exchange student Austin and a surprisingly Singaporean Justin (he doesn't look nor speak the part). We went back almost 1AM, chatted and then played this cool version of Tai Ti called, Asshole Tai Ti. Haha fun fun. My point in all this rambling? I may have to reconsider my plan of moving out of KR to Tower Block next semester. Haha James of my block and my KR Choir boss was telling me to stay, and Christina was urging me to do the same. And I dunno, when you have a good time with friends (actually, this was the first time I got to really just play play with Lishi and Christina and Navin, and I only just met Justin and Austin that night), it's a bit funny to think of leaving this kind of company.

OK. Killer week begins today. Three essays/articles to submit, one of which comprises 15% of the grade. Three midterms at the end of the week, and I am confident in none of them. My energy resources are at their lowest levels, my room's still a mess, and I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in God-knows-when.

Maybe I should pray more eh?