Busy Busy

Busy Busy

Yeah, can't you tell? If the absence of a blog entry here means something, it's that.

After the choir concert last Saturday, I've been taking the plunge into the deep dark world of academics, of deadlines and essays and midterm tests.

There was a Hall Bulletin Board article I rushed because I was gonna be too busy this week. Turned out, well, early, so no problem with that. Essay One for my EN2113 Reading Film and Cultural Texts module due on Tuesday. One week earlier I had written a draft that was checked by my choirmate and class seatmate Irene, but lo and behold it needed major reconstruction and fixing. I did an analysis on this stunning Honda Civic ad, whose strategy was to humanized the car by mimicking the sounds of the car's adventures by means of a 60-member choir. Superb ad I must say. Anyway, my brain was able to churn out four pages of ideas, so that should be okay. Although on Monday night as I was doing the paper I was a bit distracted by the (almost) final meet-up of the NUS Choir/post-VV party/election of new comm. But nah, it's all good, and I still love NUS Choir baby.

Thankfully my editor Asraf granted my request for an extension of the deadline for my article for the April issue of the Ridge. I would've gone berserk if I had to do it this week too.

And then It's been mad after that. Three midterm tests in four days. One on Multivariable Calculus on Friday, one on Financial Accounting today, and another one on Regression Analysis on Monday. So yep, I've been mugging like crazy the past few days at the Central Forum, at PGP, at HSS Library basement, till late night even, hoping to score well in these killer tests. Calculus was relatively okay since it was open-book and I flagged my notes and book well. The just-finished Accounting test was, I dunno. I just wanted it over with because what I'm really freaked out about is the Regression test on Monday. Although from my post-midterm discussion with Arthur on a few questions about the accounting test, I think I didn't do quite as well as I had hoped.

But no, we mustn't get disheartened Jose! We just have to hang on a little bit longer, and ace this coming regression test. Yeah yeah I've already mentioned how my sanity's now questionable and my sleeping pattern has gone haywire, so I won't say them anymore. Although yeah... let's just say after Monday's test and my submission of the Ridge article, I'm gonna get myself a good night's rest.

I'm not as gloomy as you think, though. It just comes out that way. Sigh. You're gonna do well Joseph, don't worry.