Overdue

Overdue

Yep, overdue. That's what this entry is. As is the case with everything else overdue, so many things have happened since the supposed due date (whenever that is), and this may be the right time to fill you in (whoever you are).

OK, so let's start with the here and now. I'm home! Here in the beautiful city of Davao, Philippines, and better yet, right in the comfort of our own family home. Jason Mraz's Geek in the Pink is playing for the nth time on the radio (heavy rotation yeah), and I'm sitting here in the living room, having just finished my miscellaneous work for the Ridge and the Choir. My sister's preparing to go to this health and fitness club called Holiday Spa, for which she took a month-long subscription to enjoy unlimited access to the fun fitness services and classes (bellydancing, boxing, pilates, latino dance, etc). Dad's asleep upstairs, Ma's away taking some comprehensive exam for her PhD. Kai, Dad and I will be off soon--Kai to the Spa, Dad to a meeting, and I'll go to the Internet cafe to work on Choir and Ridge stuff again (email people mostly).

* * *

Last time I went online was yesterday, at the mall, right before I went with sister Kai and good buddy Jacques to watch X-Men 3. That's something blogworthy, really. I mean me going online yesterday, not the movie (although for me the movie kicks ass. Kai wanted to watch the movie twice as usual, so I stuck around).

Anyway, being online yesterday was something I looked forward to. Not with enthusiastic anticipation, but with fearful anxiety. Grades were released online yesterday, finally. I wanted the grades issue to be over and done with soonest, because I knew that last semester was the worst ever. A disaster, if you please. I was half-joking to Kai and Ma the night before that I was preparing my toold

I dunno how NUS does it, but every single time during the online release of results, I get stunned. Stunned in a good way, or otherwise, I get taken for a ride. Mmmm.. NUS, all 100 years old of it, and yet still full of surprises. Well, that, or maybe I'm just lousy at estimating my own grades.

I was correct about the general picture though, that last semester was a disaster. And, with utmost conviction, I declare that the next sem will be the beginning of a new life. A new life, ladies and gentlemen, and not just in terms of academics.

After all, truly horrible things always inspire incredible spin-offs.