Back to blogging

Three months. How I managed not to blog for three full months I have no idea. But it happened, and that's that. For the record, I scribbled something of a blog entry aboard the plane on my December 31 flight back to Singapore, but I didn't quite manage to post it. Hmm I don't even know where that sheet of paper is. Hehe.

Anyway, it's been more than three months since that 'SOS' entry posted end of November. Three months with some eventful stuff going on too: (originally in this space was a single paragraph, but it got too long and so I'm bulleting the list instead haha. Pardon the self-indulgence)

* the exams and how they made feel good and bad but mostly exhausted;
* the honours thesis rush before my flight back to Davao;
* the unexpected and free and incredibly enjoyable overnight holiday in Cebu (courtesy of Cebu Pacific's plane and baggage delays) with a cool gang of Pinoy DHs -- and where I got drunk too, but that's another story (Mercia I actualy miss you!). For a while we passed by this building/sports hall/auditorium in Mandaue, which I distinctly remember visiting during my National Schools Press Conference trip in 2003... ahhh memories. And oh, there was the thrill of thinking we were almost kidnapped. lol.
* of course the precious Davao experience la -- friends family cousins dad ma kai lolas high school reunions, and Christmas -- everything I needed and missed after one full year in Singapore;
* the trip back to Singapore near midnight of New Year's;
* the resumption of classes and the thesis panic for first oral presentation;
* the Switchfoot concert and the madness surrounding it (who to come with me, how to get tickets, and of course the classic "I don't know if this means sh*t to you Joseph, but..." line I won't quite ever forget, and writing the review too, for the online version of the ridge, which was linked by a Switchfoot fansite and called "professional review" haha;
* that email that totally stunned me, but yey subsequent exchanges suggest everything's OK :) one word: detangled! :D
* the Chinese New Year/birthday celebrations (and lack of it, and the making up for it hehe), thanks to Iris and HZ (and the rest of the choir kids!) for the Wii party for CNY, for fellow February babies Robs and Kirsten, and the Clementi housemates for the triple birthday thingy, and the Pinoys and their special others who came (despite erm.. semi-food- shortage!) and of course Hayati and Joanne for the movie treat and the NYDC cake!
* the exciting times at the ridge -- though not very fun, cos it's the 'exciting' of the negative sort. hope the new editorial team settles this soon k.
the ongoing final semester schoolwork etc argh
* and the accomplishment of having submitted my thesis (or Honours Year Project as I've called it in previous entries) finally last Monday, after countless sleepless nights and days that were both mind-numbing and ego-crushing; and the Stochastic Processes midterm test I screwed up today because I was too busy doing the thesis during the study break.

As if I haven't rambled on yet, there are a lot more I wish to say, really. (Imagine being shut up for three months!) But those stuff aren't really my stuff la. Haha. I just want to mention how much I wish I could have sung for the NUS Choir's Varsity Voices concert (first time in four years I didn't sing! But I was helping out at Front-of-House this time), how I wish I could have been more active in the Filipino performance for the International Students Night and related activities (really, really, just busy, unfortunately), and I don't know, how I wish I did more writing than editing for the ridge (I miss writing already), how I wish I could have spent more time with people, especially that I'm leaving NUS very soon, how I wish I did this and did that etc. when I had the time, when I wasn't so bogged down by final year stuff, when I didn't create such a bad reputation for myself.

Anyway, this isn't supposed to be a ranty or whiney entry, nor did I intend it to be wistful and melancholic. But that's that. Maybe that's just Joseph for you, that's how Joseph has become of late. I can only sigh, and hope that those who matter and to whom I matter can connect the dots and figure me out. Emo la you Jose.

John Mayer's 'Daughters' is playing right now. And it's 4:30AM. Not the best time to play the song, and I think I'll switch to Depapepe instead.

And what do you know, it's time to sleep. Over an hour typing this post! I really write slowly, but hey, here's my first blog entry in three months!

No comments: