Just Because

Just Because

I used to blog a lot. For some reason, there was always something blogworthy going on in my life. Or at least, there was always something I deemed blogworthy. I dunno now whether I've become jaded or grown old (!) or have unknowingly reached some been-there-done-that stage, that it takes much more to catch my attention. Or, well, maybe I'm just lazy. Busy, more like it.

Just the same, I don't know what to blog right now. Nor why I'm blogging, when my Game Theory notes are waiting to be deciphered. Thus I shall revert to the default "reason" some people give when in fact they're reason-less: Just because.

Come to think of it, Just because is one of the nicest reasons one can give. Really. OK so that presupposes that Just because is a "reason" in my book, when it may not really be a reason at all, but what the heck. Do something nice for me and sincerely tell me you're doing it "just because".. and woohoo yeah I love you already.

Well, it's a different case if you eat boogers or don't shower for a week just because. Yeah, you know what I mean.

What I'm saying is that while just because can mean anything, really, it can mean something stupid or mundane, OR it can mean some something that's way up there, something that's inexplicable, but for sure along the lines of happy words such as love and life and light and laughter, or, if you ask Gwen Stefani, somewhere near "Love. Angel. Music. Baby." =P

So yeah. I love my family and friends and KR folks and NUS Choir folks and mugging-mates and tutorial-mates. Heck, I even love Singapore. But of course I love the Philippines more. Hehe. Some of these I love a little bit more than the rest, well, just because.

Sometimes I'd like to believe in some mystical connection between me and people (places and objects too I guess?), really. I dunno, maybe it's the vibe. In fact I've tried to find some pattern in names or check the zodiac or whatever else. I'd like to believe it works. Haha, well, sometimes.

Yeah, that's why it's infinitely easier to simply say Just Because.
`


P.S. Cool. Another impromptu blog entry that I begun with nothing in mind, but somehow I managed to ramble on long enough to produce a few paragraphs. Haha. Now let's get mugging Jose!