Catching Up

Woohooo what do you know, a surprise post from me.

Wow it's been incredibly busy the past weeks and it's not gonna slow down anytime soon, but Jose's catching up baby. I've been overwhelmed the past few weeks -- overwhelmed with a lot of work, then overwhelmed with Nothing, which in turn led to a more thoroughly overwhelmed me most recently.

But I'm catching up soon you guys. I've done SO MUCH WORK for NUS Choir today I ought to get paid. Seriously. You know you're doing too much secretary work when the idea of an airconditioned office and cubicles and fax machines and PCs and swivel chairs on wheels suddenly seem a little bit more appealing to you. It's not a bad thing too, really.

Anyway the thing that's nagging me, really, is my collective schoolwork, which will take a more vicious and aggressive stance in the form of three midterm tests, beginning Monday. The scariest test is Financial Mathematics, and I have yet to gather enough intellectual weaponry to overcome it. But as I've said, I'm catching up. :)

I also wanna do some catch-up with people -- even my birthday greeters from two weeks back! Bad Joseph even missed to thank some of you. I will, I will. The friends who messaged me on Friendster or Multiply or via SMS or even in person, yes I'll catch up with you all. My family too, how're you all doing? :)

A lot has been happening, and I haven't even recounted what happened on my birthday yet. Anyway, I'm taking it in stride, I'm gaining little victories every day (however mundane), and it's gonna be all perfectly fine in two or three weeks' time.

I should be pissed really, for being swamped and sandwiched and trapped, but I'm making the rational choice to play Mr. Brightside. Maybe it's an Ash Wednesday thing -- I'm beginning to find joy in sacrifice.

Have a blessed Ash Wednesday to you all.


P.S.
Joseph was elected last week as Executive Editor for Features (encompassing Outspoken, Transmedia, and Lifestyle desks) of The Ridge. I assume the new position (from being Outspoken Editor) beginning next academic year. Haha, does that mean I have to do Honours Year now?

No comments: