BLOODY MONDAY

nope, that's not me trying to sound british (although it's brit english here in singapore).
but really, it was a bloody monday. literally.

i donated blood today, as part of my birthday thingamajig.
my own way of doing something worthwhile. my way of "saving lives".
yiheeeeeee. whatever.

but it was fun. the lady told me she was just gonna "numb the area" of the arm with the needle, but it turned out that that was already it. so i watched as this small straw-like tube sucked the purplish reddish fluid out of my body. all 450 CC of it. hehe.

i'm tempted to say that the reddish purplish fluid that was slowly making its way to the blood pouch, reminded me of the blueberry or strawberry or cherry filling in the black forest cake i distributed to friends' rooms last night, but maybe that would offend some readers. wahaha.

anyway, it was a good day. my statistics tutorial at noon depressed me, as it seemed like a foreign language class, and i didn't really feel like talking during lunchtime. math with david chew was okay. 'twas a BIT sleep-inducing, but he seemed sincere and approachable and all so i didn't mind. next was a surprise lab for math with mr chew again.. we tinkered with this quite cool math program that calculates and graphs stuff. then at 4:40pm, i was off to the SRC gym for my blood donation. korinna was feeling quite tired and so didn't come with me. wayne couldn't donate as he was still to turn into a non-minor in march, while ivy was anemic or something.

'twas fun donating blood. my dad donated a liter of blood last time, and he always says he passes out whenever he donates. he's a bit squeamish bout blood, but he still donates, you see. he thinks passing out is just part of the whole thing. cool eh?

anyway, i got a free milo drink (and another extra), some biscuits, a bloody (in color) organizer, a tissue box, some iron supplements, and a small spare plaster if blood continued to bleed.

i never thought donating blood would be SO darn relaxing. the cot was perfect. i wouldn't mind sleeping there even. the people were uber friendly, especially the singaporean lady who administered the injection, as well as the smiling bespectacled chinese-looking guy on the next cot. the other malay-looking young lady who checked on me while i was filling the blood pouch gave me some small talk.

"which country are you from?" she asked finally, after asking me if i was okay or sleepy and answering my questions on how much blood i'll take, if i could go fencing at 8pm tonight yada yada.

"from the philippines," i said.

"sabi pa nga sa tono eh.." she said with a smile.

that was nice. always nice meeting filipinos here in singapore.

and it was also nice that, armed with my green bandage on the right arm, i was able to rest from fencing tonight. i mean, i wouldn't have minded so much if i went, but i just MUST study statistics. i went to the common hall to watch the guys free fence, and chin wee and KC, both in quite a cheerful mood, smiled and said it was okay. i watched a while, and realized too, that, even if i wanted to, i don't have the energy to free fence. i'm feelin a little drowsy and lethargic.

but it was a happy day. i almost thought statistics had ruined my day during lunchtime, but turns out it's still a happy day after all. (oh, i also watched the grammys live this morning, and it was fun too! okay.. so that's why i was a little late for my stats tutorial..0=) )

where was i? oh yeah, here's the part where i tell you that i must stop blogging for a while to focus on my stats, and that i will finish the previous post about my birthday (post photos is more like it) when i have time. Lord please help me study.

good night! =)