HAPPY S.A.D.!

my pinoy senior nestor's name in msn messenger for today says it's "singles' awareness day".
cool. i thought. tama nga naman.
my dearly-missed friend kirth messaged me just now, we chatted a while, she told me that someone died in UP just this morning due to a riot in the UP fair (which was held since last night until sawa, or about 5am in this case), that she was dateless today but had a kilig time with a guy in the fair too (asus, may date pala talaga), and i told her happy SAD! Singles' Awareness Day! yeheeeey! ;)

my valentine today is my "favorite" (actually i'm still psyching myself up to like it) book, Business Statistics in Practice. woooohooooo! i just love the book. the way it gives me enlightening text a.k.a. "words of wisdom", and of course, the photos and graphs and tables so tenderly presented to squeeze in essential info into my overstuffed brain. i'm even learning a new language just for it: Greek. sigma and mu and rho and alpha and beta! sweeeeet. :)
i've always thought a foreign exotic language was kinda romantic, like french for instance. about greek, i thing my statrs book and i have to "work things out" a little more. ;)

people actually greeted me today, through the wonders of text messaging! i'm so touched and blessed.
a globe handphone person texted me, "happy valentines" at 12:16am,
a singapore person SMSed me, "hapi hapi love and sweets day!!" at 8:02am,
and my terribly-missed friend kristia texted me too:
"i would like to believe that today is our day.:) happy valentine's!:) haha!
hope you're happy and well.:) hug!"

i hope kristia reads my blog today so she'll know she made my day.
i owe her a lot na. sweet girl. surprised me with a friendster testi a few days ago (which also made my day, btw), while i'm all-too-busy to even make her one. sa lahat ng pinagkakautangan ko ng testi, after the midterms, pramis! =)

korinna greeted me last night in the study room a few minutes after 12.
i pray that niel and korinna would conquer distance to keep their almost 4-year flame alive and burnin'! yeheeeeeey! =)
mike greeted me too through yahoo messenger at around 1:30 this morning.
hope he finds his perfect partner.

i hope i find mine too! :D

really, it's all HAPPY SAD.
i told my friends i wanna go to orchard and go to posh cafes and restaurants, or maybe to one of those parks with benches and birds and trees and flowers (many here in singapore).
i wanna be a spectator today (as if i have a choice)! i'll spy on lovey dovey couples who huddle and cuddle, and eavesdrop on their kilig conversations consisting of, really, (sweet) nothing.

happy SAD!
all right, i'm not going to orchard or any park. i'm faithful to my stats book.
if you've read my previous posts, you'll know that i've been wanting to get superdiduper close with my stats book for the looongest time. our relationship will temporarily peak on february 24, actually, specifically at 2pm, when i will answer my stats midterm so damn easily (i hope). but that's not the peak PEAK yet. we will culminate this illicit affair in a hot and sweaty and mind-blowing and body-numbing final exam in april! wooohooo.

shall i wear red today?
my shirt's ready. hmmm.. dunno yet.
maybe that will somehow highlight my "single awareness" and i'm not too sure if that's a good thing.
heck, i don't even know if i'll appreciate seeing happy smiling couples with flowers and cards and all.

but it's a happy day! kirth always says she's "in love with love".


STOP.
blog getting cheesy alert! try again.



as i was saying, happy singles' awareness day.
happy v-day to all the happy couples!
i'm playing "the painter song" by norah jones to let you know my mood for the day.
i wanted to play "don't know why" but my mp3 converter expired already.
tough luck.

anyway, the pinoy singles' here in singapore plan to go to sentosa today!
i really wanna go! but sigh, my stats book is waiting. maybe i'll bring it along (labooo ko tlga), or maybe just borrow the cd-rom from the library. anyway, i hope i fix my schedule now! time's-a-wasting!


may everyday be valentine's day, y'all!
too bad i can't sincerely tell you may everyday be "singles awareness day". hahaha.=P
i know that there are the joys and perks of singlehood and all, but.. um, you know what i mean. :)