The waving neighbor

It's 12:19pm and I'm in the room waiting for lunch. It's gonna be different this time, as it will be the first lunch with the rest of the orientation team of the hall, as well as with my fellow freshmen.

I've gotten quite used to being the only one in my floor, with empty rooms across and beside my room at D103. Just this morning, the local Singaporean students checked in, and it seems that I have neighbors now. hah. Actually, it's a rather awkward thing, with the guy from D104. See, I was in Nirorn's room, as my fellow ex-bridging stude had also just checked in just minutes earlier. His block, C block, is beside my block, and I have a good view of my room from his. Now I was peering through his window to show him how close my room was to his, when I first noticed signs of activity in my neighboring room.

It seems like I have neighbors now! I excitedly told the small bunch of scholars which gathered in Nirorn's room. Apparently, my voice seemed a little too loud, as Korinna, who turned to look, told me that my neighbor actually noticed, and WAVED BACK at us. I looked again, and he was gone.

Now I'm back in my room, and it seems that I have neighbors on either side of my room. I wanted to knock and finally meet the waving neighbor, but I chickened out. He's got company, I hear, based on the music and some cheery laughter from the room.

I'll catch him later, I guess, during lunch at 1pm. Talk about awkward. But I'm rather thick-skinned anyway, so this is just a minor glitch. ;)

Two weeks of orientation coming up. After loong discussions with my Pinoy fellows, and my two new Malaysian friends Wilson and E-Wei, who both came over to my room last night, I've finally decided to join the camp, although it just cost me S$70. Should be worth it. =P

No comments: