Matriculation Day

My knees feel like jelly. I am so damn tired after today's activities. Orientation was scheduled for the whole day (and night), but I finally matriculated in the afternoon, which took about 3 hours.

My knees feel like jelly. I am so damn tired after today's activities. Orientation was scheduled for the whole day (and night), but I finally matriculated in the afternoon, which took about 3 hours. I made Yen Chui, a mild-mannered friendly girl from my OG a personalized Newater bottle with her name on it, using pens and markers, as part of my Nixes (god of water) OG. I didn't think it was outstanding, but I think it was kinda nice. Dunno if she's seen it yet.

In the afternoon, I missed the internal games, which doubled as an "Amazing Race" kind of thing around the hall. I think. I don't really know. Instead I matriculated at the Multi-purpose Sports Hall.

The first part, the actual thing, was fast, since the Office of Admissions took charge of most of the requirements. I had to wait though, as the lady redid my matric card, from SORONGON JOSEPH CAPIRIG, to the correct JOSEPH CAPIRIG SORONGON.

I checked out the laptops, and I'm eyeing this Fujitsu Tablet PC which only costs S$2898 (+ tax). I think it's still P33 = S$1. And, I'm rather interested too, in the Mac. I like it different, see. I can't help it, I like those computers with a cool, stylish design. (That's why IBM doesn't appeal to me much. Hehe.)

I thought I was over, but it turns out the exit was blocked, and we had to go to the fair of CCAs (Co-Curricular Activities). There I was shoved application forms and sign-up sheets, all by eager and friendly fellas. Rather difficult to refuse them, so I signed up for LOTSA things. How can you exactly refuse someone who says, "We're from the Welfare Comm. We take care of the mentally ill, the out-of-school youth, the patients in some hospitals. Are you interested to join?" I signed up for the Choir (tryout muna), Mathematics Society, Toastmasters, The Ridge (publication) and heck, even gave my contacts to the welfare comms, the fencing team (which I'll miss in KE hall), some archery and judo and karate and Catholic groups, and even golf! I don't know which I'll keep, but most of them gave me handouts as to when's their Welcome Tea, so I'm not committed to anything just yet.

P.S.My matriculation photo is finally a recent one! In my bridging matric card, my photo was a stretched copy of a pic when I was in 2nd year high school. This time, my photo is barely a month old.

Rotana and Ivy commented that my previous photo is better. Oh well. I have some growing younger to do, if I wish to satisfy the viewing public. ;)


No comments: