The Kent Ridge Experience

The previous couple of days of orientation at Kent Ridge Hall was quite an interesting experience, as I was beginning to realize how hall-istic (borrowed from Diana) the hall actually is.

The other day we played mini-Olympics (soccer, frisbee soccer, netball), followed by pool games at the Sports and Recreation Centre (comedy synchronized swimming [yeah!], wrestling on a raft [which my OG-mate Sundeep dominated], and the capsize-the-floater game [where skinny me was pounced on by two big guys from Titus (friendly naman)].

Yesterday we played a number of confidence games, in which I TOTALLY SUCKED in the called "Bridging the Gap" game. I was blindfolded, and a partner would lead me to a path in the dining hall, then up a chair, on to a table where there would be a gap in the middle, and i would jump over it. EVERYONE got it right. Being the sigurista & tanga that I am, I asked my partner, Song Yao, when i reached the jumping point, whether I would land on a next table, or on the floor when I follow her "jump-as-far-as-you-can" instruction. She was told not to say anything, so dumb Joseph thought he was to land on the floor, making a rather diagonally downward jump. And then he got a good painful bruise on the left leg, and a clobbered ego.

That afternoon, was the announcement for audition results for choir performance of the freshman show on Wednesday, aptly titles "Start to Burst". Having been rejected by a cappella the previous night, and seeing that the same guy gave the same audition to both groups, I was already readying myself for Plan C, which was to be part of the Stage Crew. Surprisingly, I got in choir, and were singing this Japanese song "Yuki ga Tokeru" (Snow is Melting). Loy Yong from my OG, and fellow just-accepted choir member were a teeny bit glad to see this cocky new recruit from the tenors eat his own words as he and his partner were out of tune half the time. Buti pa kami sa bass.

Today was a great big day (or actually yesterday, since it's morning na). We had an "OG Outing." Or at least, that's what the KR team want it to appear to be. SSShhhhhhhhhh.. if you read this one ok? Anyway, we had a total blast at Sentosa, even if I have a terrible sunburn and heavy eyebags from too much activity from morning till um, next morning (right now). I'm so damn mighty proud of my OG, Nixes, for we swept most of the beach games today! And the war games with the seniors were a total SPLASH (what with our water packs as ammos). Of course not to mention some other curious games (;P), that were ultimately crazy.

Swee Yong, Serene, and the B block seniors were incredible. They helped our OG, Nixes, to score our terrific wins, and even participate in our games. The attendance of Nixes is amazing too, as we were consistent as a small group of about 20 active members, which remained strong. This is in contrast to the dwindling numbers of the other groups. Serene, small but incredible, was even touched to tears by our participation.


Right now, the word on everyone's lips is, "Have you got a dinner date for the dating game?" That's the reason I'm blogging right now actually. Because even if I just lost my room card (it has to be somewhere upstairs), and the voluntary work with Rag Comm took until the wee hours of the morning, Priya, my Mauritian date (accepted me just now) , totally made my day. Friendly date lang, but she is exceedingly nice. Tell you more next entry.

5:01am now, and I daresay it's finally time to go to bed.



No comments: