THOSE DAYS AGAIN

This has got to be an achievement -- Not blogging for 6 days, and I have 24/7 internet now in my room! Thanks.

It has been an eventful week, and now I am damn proud to be a Kentridgean. Mighty proud too, to belong to Nixes. We were best OG, we think, although it was named "Most On (something like "active" in Chinese)" OG, and never mind if all the OG's were given goody bags labeled Most happening, etc. just so everyone could have a pack. Hehe.

So much has happened the past few days that I don't know how to blog them all in. Anyway, my Mauritian date Priya and I clicked, and we had a good time at the formal hall dinner. There were a few bloopers, like when she gave me a gift that had a card addressed to another guy written by her bestfriend Sock Nee (I figure them buddies must've bought the same gifts), and when I wanted to chase her into her room to ask her something but couldn't do so because I misplaced my room card for entrance to the blocks, only to find her peering into my room to give me a gift as I came walking from the washroom. I must admit though, that we talk better outside the formal hall dinner. Must be the stiff atmosphere there.

I sang with the bass group of the choir during the annual "Star to Burst", the KR freshmen show. This guy Jayston was a trash-talking type of guy, and my buddy Loy Yong had to shut ourselves whenever did his talk. It seemed I was doing a much better job, since Loy Yong was complaining to me privately when Jayston wasn't around. Anyway, Loy Yong was a terrific bass singer who could do both tenor and bass, while Jayston at the tenor group was struggling. We did a last minute switch, and Jayston, fellow Malaysian guy Jamie and I formed the bass group. I think we did a pretty good job, compared to our especially sucky performance during the dry run. Priya, also a choir member, thought the bass group was a teeny bit off, as I gave her the rose I was given after the performance. Well I appreciate the honesty. :) I still hope Choir accepts me in the actual audition next week (especially since A cappella rejected me hehe).

Oh, I must also say that I am most sunburnt as of this writing. On NUS Flag day, August 3, we went to different locations in Singapore to basically beg. Each of us had 3 coin cans, and we were to fill them up. My group from D block went to Parkway Parade, a nice mall. I spent early morning till afternoon walking in the sun, along the mall entrance and exits, near bus stops and in the flea market. I didn't fill all three tins, but I sure got a dark tan. Rag Day, a day where all halls and faculties display large extravagant displays of moving floats (made of recycled materials too) and dance presentations, was yesterday, and again it was SCORCHING. Actually, I was up at 2:30 AM, as part of the Wet Weather Group, who was to make sure our gigantic float didn't get soaked should rain come. It didn't rain though, but it was burning hot towards noon. Our float didn't win the best float or best presentation, but it won least cost float. One thing it sure did though, was heighten hall spirit. It was great to cheer for them all, even in the midday sun.

Afterwards, the freshmen were given a graduation of sorts. It was a ceremonial thing, too, as we one by one shook hands with mostly all of the seniors as we trudged up to the multi-purpose hall from the dining hall. We have this cool certificate, with a big photo of the whole orientation team and the 100+ bunch of KR newbies. We sang the hall anthem (a tune i can't get out of my head), and sang the slightly mushy goodnight song. KR is such a family hall, and I am more than thankful to be part of it.

Now I rest. Tomorrow is National Day, but I don't have tickets to the parade! Argh. I asked my pinoy seniors what's a good thing to do on National Day, but apparently, those who don't have tickets just watch the big show on TV. That's a good thing too, since I'm still annoyed with Michael right now.

Stuff happened today though. I'm feeling a bit funny, but it's nothing I can't handle.