Bad Note

Today was, for lack of better words, a long day. And you know how it is with long days, they tend to play around with your moods.

I could tell you about my previous days actually, about how I went into my first classes as an undergrad (bridging kasi last year), about my boring MA1101R teacher who promised to give high marks, about my funny teaching excellence awardee ST1131 teacher, my CS1101 teacher whose Java lectures I hope to figure out, and about my surprise meeting with Priya at the Science canteen one afternoon and our unplanned late lunch, but right now, I simply feel sucky.

We just played Sepak Takraw see, for Inter-Block Games (IBG) training, the and I so happen to be the absolute worst player Singapore has ever seen. For those who don't already know, Sepak Takraw is this game that's almost like volleyball but with 3-player teams, a hollow rattan ball, which is kicked (or hit with the head, knees, anything except arms and hands) across to the other side. It's almost like soccer, too, and it's just plain unlucky that Singaporeans are great soccer fans, while I the Pinoy, am not.

I felt like the single glitch in the system, the big dark cloud looming over their otherwise smooth playing. Half the time I wanted to disappear, the other half I was cursing my shoes.

Tomorrow I'll try out for track and field, which is basically just running. I hope my long legs won't disappoint, even if I don't jog regularly, as I would hate to have my ego bruised again.

And oh, I went to apply for The Ridge with Wayne this afternoon. I signed up for the "Outspoken" Desk, and I have to submit this article tomorrow. I also attended a Toastmasters talk this evening, which was quite fun, actually.

But right now, I feel sucky still. And it doesn't help that two girls hogged the payphone in the lobby, and I couldn't call home. I guess this day is simply meant to end on a bad note. And it sucks that it has to stay there overnight.