Better

Jason Mraz has this really cool song entitled Better. The repeating line sings, "It only gets betteeeeeeer." Which is always true, by the way. Jason Mraz is the coolest. He sings the "upper" songs. And he skats so well! And he keeps an online journal too. I swear I'm buying a ticket if he comes over to Singapore. (Hoobastank pala, tonight at Sentosa, a staggering 50bucks.)

Anyway, today was a good day. I had an 8am class which was dismissed way too early because the aircon was turned off, and the heat, according to the lecturer, was unbearable. Hehe. I wasn't complaining.

I bought this Asking About Life book, which has the coolest cover. Large pawikans (deep sea turtles) near the shore of a mountain lake, that all sunbathe in a curious formation. It was only yesterday when the lecturer pointed it out that the turtles formed a big question mark (?) that the class realised. Pretty cool actually.

My serious daunting task was to write for The Ridge. I applied for the Outspoken desk, which apparently is a pretty hot desk, since there are already about 40 applicants according to my senior Gelo, the sports editor. The deadline was at 2300hrs tonight, and I basically brainstormed all day. As a matter of fact, I've been doing some intense brainwork since the other day, right after the interview. Writer's bloc. Gelo says at most there'll be 12 slots open, so it's gonna be rather tough, especially when the other applicants come from the Arts faculty.

Anyway, I worked all day, slept a while, ate a tapau lunch, called my Lola Doding, worked on a really good door art (come and see!), chatted with Robinson and did our laundry together, cleaned up my room a little, watched Rob chat with much gusto and amazement in Yahoo! messenger, and had dinner with Korinna and Rob at McDo. Korinna was in for a treat, as her date WoenPing ate next to our table. Lucky day nga, since Rob and I each won this really cool McDonald's fries mousepad. Rob gave his to Kor kasi wala pa naman syang computer, while Kor's Mac is arriving next week.

I particularly enjoyed joking around today, especially with Rob and Kor. Actually, our victim is Rob, who is the quirky sort too, always laughing and sometimes rather um, dense. Hehe. Perfect target. Buti na lng laging game si Rob.

We walked back to KR hall from McDo because the bus, which comes in 30 minute intervals at this time, arrived when Rob took a quick leak in the fourth floor of the Old Admin Building. No complaints though, as it was a good walk home.

I had finished a draft of my article before dinner, and I just had to kill some twenty words, add the title and teaser after dinner. I didn't trim it to the proper length of 300 words though. 304 lang. Haha. I emailed it to the Outspoken editor Nurul at 2247hrs, 13 minutes shy of the deadline. I was surprised to receive a reply from her, cheerfully saying the results will be out in a few days.

Nothing more to say I think. Except that I just learned that my mom now reads my blog! Hehe. Um, don't worry ma, di nako umiinom. Occasional lng naman un last time anyway. Hehe.

Night.