Priorities

Great. I just managed to screw up all my priorities.

I went to Ginza Plaza awhile ago, and I spent a grand total of 100+ bucks. Today I PLANNED to study all day, so I made sure that I went to the Sunset Mass last night, so I would be free virtually all day. But instead, I went out yesterday afternoon (in the morning were the soccer games where I was content to cheer them on), and again today.

The major culprit is this elusive black long-sleeved shirt, which I need for the Choir performance tomorrow night. It's the formal type, and I asked from Nirorn, but he had the suit/coat instead. I asked Navuth, but it turns out his shirt is too "fitting" for me, and besides, the sleeves lack some good 10cm, so my hands look really huge when I bend my elbows. Nestor was willing to lend me, but it was a Marks & Spencer shirt, and I was hesitant what would happen to it after I washed it in the automatic wash-rinse-spin washer.

So I decided to go to Ginza Plaza for a while, which is a few stops only from the bus stop behind our hall. It turns out that Ginza Plaza is not the place to buy department store stuff, so I was planning to go home to hall instead, and borrow Nestor's shirt. Then the Bus 33 came along. I saw that it went to Boon Lay, and thus to Jurong Point, one of the classier malls around.

The bus ride took sooo long, but it was tolerable. I arrived at Jurong Point finally, and it was SALE galore! So of course, after the loooooong wait, I was finally here in a good mall with a sale. There was a Bossini sale so I got a nice blue shirt. In another store I got the good black long-sleeved shirt for about 50 bucks, and then the splurge. I bought a watch! A Swatch watch. 86 bucks. Latest model daw, and it looked quite stylish. My other watch, although relatively new, is too formal, and besides, I told Dad na rin that I'd buy another watch. I also bought a small black clear book for the musical scores in tomorrow evening's choir performance, and, because this auntie was so persuasive (but of course maybe I'm desperate), I bought another facial thing.

So there. I spent the whole afternoon in Jurong Point, and on the road. Antagal. I reasoned that I was in a big mall already, and had traveled far enough too, so why not maximize the experience right? I was window-shopping too, which is rather fun too (go ask those mall rats).

SOOO.. now I really really have to study. No more excuses. In fairness, though, I'm already more than halfway into my essays for Singapore Studies. The paper about Fistful of Colours, if you recall. The task is to insert a 250-300 word passage into the story, such that if the novel were reprinted, the changes would be unnoticeable to a new reader. And another 750-1000 word essay on the difficulties and considerations in making that new passage.

I haven't done any readings yet, too, for the rest of my modules. And by now, I've learned that reading the slides of lecture notes is never enough.

It's a busy week ahead, what with the Choir performance tomorrow night, a juniors' supper we'll set-up on Wednesday night, the Ridge Welcome tea and Choir practice on Thursday, and my SS assignment due on Friday.

We keep moving on anyway. ;)