Ummm.. OK

I have class at 10am, but this is another of those times when something's so notable I can't dare pass it up. I had a horrible night's sleep yet again (shit this is becoming a habit), and I have at least 3 new zits when I woke up.

But this email is what made me write here again:

Subject: NUS Choir - Congratulations
Date: Tuesday, August 17, 2004, 1:50am
From:"Tan Keng Khoon" <u0303348@nus.edu.sg>
To : "Sorongon Joseph Capirig" <u0401897@nus.edu.sg>

Dear Joseph Sorongan,

Congratulations! You have passed the NUS Choir Auditions. We would like to extend to you a warm welcome to our family.

You have been allocated to the section Bass

The details of your first choir event are as follows:

Date: 19 August 2004 (this Thursday)
Time: 7.00 pm
Venue: Centre for the Arts, Dance Theatre
Attire: Casual, but please do not wear skirts, just for this day.
Equipment: Please bring along your basic stationery set (pencil and eraser)

Please reply to me at
u0303348@nus.edu.sg by 12 noon, 18 August 2004 (Wednesday) to indicate your wish to accept this offer.

Thank you.

Regards,
Keng Khoon
Secretary
NUS Choir


It's funny. My heart leapt when I first read it, but it was mostly drowned by that "ummmm... OK" feeling. If you've read a previous post, you'll know that the choir audition was one of the most demoralizing stuff I ever went for. But heck, THIS is the NUS Choir! Should I pass it up even if it means training for some 10 hours a week?

Now I'm not too sure what to do. Baka nga kinulang lang sila ng Bass voices. Either way, I must decide quick. Oh, and I'm Joseph SorongOn nga pala, not SorongAn.