If I Ain't Got You

If you've been observant, you'll see that I've run out of good titles for my blog entries. :) In any case, the title's not too bad, right? It may not be significant, but if you've heard the remix of the Alicia Keys song, with ultra-cool Usher singing with Alicia in an amazingly soulful R&B duet, you'll be totally blown away. Thanks to Ares, and to whoever in the Web helped me get the file. (I do my share too, kaya nga 1000+ shinishare ko na files eh.. hehe)

Anyway, it's still me and my Fistful of Colours book. I've been reading nothing but it for the weeeeeeek! Which is not a good thing anymore, methinks. But I'm down to the final 25+ pages, so it must be a good sign. I had to stop, see, and flip through several pages back to make something that hopefully was thought-provoking enough for the online class forum in the IVLE (Integrated Virtual Learning Environment).

Oh, the choir session last Monday was quite fun. There were so few of us basses (which again reinforced my speculation that Choir got me because there were few bass voices in the auditions), and so many tenors and altos. We had good voice classes from 4:30-5:30pm, went back to hall for dinner, then went back at 7:00 for the sectional practices. Later at 8:30, we moved to Lecture Theatre 13, where the entire choir rehearsed. The shock of the evening was that we were to perform on MONDAY, August 30!! That being our first rehearsal, we have the second and last rehearsal tomorrow for us to learn some good 5 songs. Pressure! But it's okay lah, it's gonna be my first ever choir performance with the NUS choir.

This afternoon, after my Java class, I went back to hall to work again on my readings, praying and WILLING the weather to RAIN so the soccer practices for the IBG will be cancelled. And it rained! Right smack at the perfect time, 4:30pm. HAH! I thought.

I read my book at the lobby so I could ask the Soccer IC, a thin cheerful guy named Lin, whether the soccer prac would push through or not *raining outside ;P*. He came to the lobby at 4:45pm, and for some reason, the rain STOPPED. Great, I thought.

But Lin was such an encouraging guy for a beginner like me. My reason for being hesitant to play was because I played lousy sepak tekraw the last time, and I assumed that since Soccer is this BIG in Singapore, I would have to, during the game, shrink again and wish the earth would open and swallow me up.

The cool thing was, I actually enjoyed playing soccer. Sure it was only the second time I played soccer in my whole life (the other time during the hall orientation), but it turned out to be rather OKAY. The guys from my block were encouraging and let me play, never mind if I did more than a few blunders. I actually made a few good kicks, so that was cool (although they weren't amazing yet of course).

I thanked Lin afterwards, and the funny thing was he thanked me instead for coming down to play.

Later, we played some volleyball stuff, then my OG-mate Felicia, my next-door neighbor Yishu and I left for the hall to take-away the dinners of the players.

After packing the players' dinners, and settling down at the dinnertable ourselves to eat, we had a good dinner conversation together with Cheryl and Tat Xien. It was good dinner talk, with all 5 of us talking about hall stuff (food and all), as well as our more colorful personal lives. Heck, we even reached the topics of love and marriage!

Now, I'm back in the room, with my book seemingly daring me to finish it. I should too, since it's been WAY too long. There's a Master Supper, though at 10pm, so um, at least I get energized enough to read? Too bad the supper will clash with Amazing Race! I never get to watch it anymore, because there ALWAYS is some block activity on Wednesday night. Oh well. I'm not complaining much. ;)


p.s.
HAPPY HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY to my great buddy JAY!
I called you na last night! Hehe. I remembered your birthday..buti pa ako. ;)
Hope it was fun.