Bad NoteS

Today was yet another um, eventful day. I sincerely wish I could tell you otherwise, but that's that.

I dragged myself out of bed, wanting to sleep more to forget Sepak Takraw last night, but I had to get breakfast and attend this Linear Algebra class, MA1101R, at 10. It turned out to be a booooring lecture. Why is it worse than any other boring lecture? Because the lecturer thought what he was saying was interesting, and thus continued to drone on with much gusto. About his brother at a university in Manchester, about the magic cube that drove the Math department nuts, about, of all things, ants! (That's according to Brice, since I probably had shut myself momentarily that time) He rushed through the actual solving of matrices though.

My afternoon was packed. At 4pm I had a CS1101 lecture (which is now turning more challenging by the minute), and then the loads of stuff. I was supposed to accompany Diana (and audition as well) for the Voices audition (pop singing) and the NUS choir tryouts. Clashing with the sked was my scheduled track and field tryouts for IBG, and the Jam and Hop dance/disco in the evening.

I accompanied Diana to her interview with some group at the Science Fac, and then the mad rush began. The queue for the Voices audition was too long to be inviting, so I just signed up, went to change into my shorts in the washroom, and ran all the way to the oval track field for the track tryouts. The running drained the life out of me, and it turns out, unsurprisingly, that I am not one of the best runners. One of the suckier runners, if you please. I did my best though, and I didn't entirely SUCK. Just not tops.

I called Diana back at 7pm to check if the Voices audition was over, and she said she was about to enter the club room. I decided to skip this session and wait another day. At 7:30, when the track thing was finally over, I called her again and found out she was at the Choir auditions already. It was the last day, and although I knew that the choir work was heavy, I decided to give it a shot since I'm a loser in sports. Some kind of redemption, if I may say so.

Turns out, after the looooooooong wait, at around 8:30 pm, and the second to the last to audition, I screwed up once more. I don't want to talk about it actually. I was nervous, and I sang badly. The bad notes, as a matter of fact.

Diana and I met Steph, Karen, and Zada, and were almost headed to the Jam and Hop, but we were so hungry we decided to go to McDo instead.

It sucks to be me right now, and for some reason, nothing anyone says makes me feel good. Maybe a few of them words make me feel better, but unfortunately, the quotable ones are those that make me feel worse.

Good night. Magbabagong buhay na ako. Don't pity me.