IN

I recently just made some cool door art over the weekend, made from small snippets (minimalist na ngayon) of the collective magazines, flyers and loads of freebies that NUS gives in one way or another. (It's not exactly door art since it's posted on my pinboard next to the door, but what the heck.) Part of this must-see door art is a sign that indicates whether I'm "IN" or "OUT" of the room.

Robinson, my junior in high school, who's now doing the bridging course here, lives in the room across mine, and he has commented that my sign has misled him a couple of times. Hehe. It is true, actually, that I forget to flip the sign before I go "OUT", so it says "IN" all along. I come back after a day of lectures to find it misleading indeed, but then that's about the time when I finally go back "IN" so then I don't need to change the sign anymore. Haha. I'll try to remember tomorrow.

***

What I'm formally "IN" now, actually, is the NUS choir. Yes, after long hours of self-brainstorming, a call home, some consultation with friends, discouragement from James, a senior member of KR's own choir, I've finally decided to make the biggest risk of my freshman life.

Choir practices are roughly 9 hours/week. Mondays, 4:30-930pm, and Thursdays, 5:30-9:30. That's also because there will be a couple of hours of voice lessons by professional vocal coaches. (We were told to maximize on it, as outside NUS, it would be some S$60-80/hour if you're lucky, and normally about S$100-120.) There'll be a bunch of performances spread throughout the year, a concert in February, and perhaps some international contests (if all goes well). A big thing too, is this caroling during Christmas, and we're requested to stay UP TO DECEMBER 24th (wag naman sana). Also, we'll be asked to spend a month from our 3-month summer break for Choir stuff.

There. Thing is, I have to balance my time for studies most especially, and also for hall activities, as there is a points quota for hall stayback. I sure hope I get to stay in both Choir, and KR Hall.

I just attended the welcome for newbies at the Centre for the Arts this evening at 7, and it turned out to be quite fun. It was more of a getting-to-know-you session where we basically just introduced ourselves, and played several fun icebreakers.

One notable icebreaker was this guessing game where a senior helped me out by gesturing me what my partner Anusha guessed to be my favorite music artist. Anusha and I never talked about it in our Speed Dating Game, and she was merely guessing I liked "Maroon 5". A funky senior, Yen Ting I think was her name, remembered me from the auditions, and gestured and mouthed the words. Nobody seemed to notice, and so Anusha and I were spared from doing the eat-one-choco-stick-together forfeit. ;)

I bowed a silent thank you to Yen Ting, but I realize just now that I should thank her for yet another reason. I think she saved my ass during the audition. She was the one who seemed to
be enjoying my singing in the audition (the song at least, since my pitching was all off), while the other senior seemed too serious and sour-faced most of that time.

And just now, I accepted an invitation to join the yahoogroup for The Ridge's Outspoken Desk. So that makes me "IN" the Ridge circuit finally.

Now I must begin my mugging, start digging through readings, and stop blogging. Goodnight! ;)