Fistful of Colours

That's the title of the Singapore novel I'm currently reading. No it's not leisure reading (although it's most interesting I must say), but a required reading for my SSA1206 (Representing Singapore) module. It's quite fun, the module, since it's literature-based and non-examinable, unlike the other Singapore Studies modules which deal with history, politics, etc.. I have this thing for reading good stories, and this module I'm taking involves reading a novel, a play, even studying Singapore TV and film (I think). Quite fun and fits me well, as I like those kind of stuff. What I'm pressed to do right now, though, is to FINISH THE BOOK! I've read the compulsory reading which is half the book for this week, but it seems that everyone in the online forum has read the whole thing! And they're discussing the story and its repercussions and all.. I didn't want to finish reading all the forum threads since as many people know, I HATE spoilers (halfway done pa lang ako eh).

Brice pala is so diligent it's amazing. He's read the entire book, even finished the two-part writing assignment due in September 3 still! GOD I am so left behind na. And to think I've been reading this book only for the past week, when I have readings to do for other subjects too.

ANYWAY

I went to IKEA yesterday by my lonesome (since everyone was either somewhere else, has been to IKEA recently, or both) and it was fun. They have this once-a-year sale, so I maximized it. It was the first time I went to IKEA alone, and I was clutching the bus guide tightly, staring at it and the bus stops I passed, and it turned out to be quite a smooth ride.

I bought a plant and a pot (a discounted jar with lid) to go with it, since I realized there must be some other LIVING THING in my room besides me (and okay, the occasional ants), a colorful placemat, a doormat which was virtually a steal for $2.90, and a big foldable turquoise chair (since I have visitors in my room and I can't always let them sit on my bed when I use my lone chair). Quite a bargain, my purchases, and even if I didn't buy anything, I enjoyed looking at the coolest displays of IKEA home furnishings.

Today I went to Church with the Pinoy group, now with the addition of the new bridging kids. This afternoon naman, after coming from church and having a good nap, Ivy and I went to SRC (we only walked since the bus had JUST left us when we reached the bus stop) for a basketball game of my block at 6pm. I arrived too late, as I was informed that it was suddenly moved to 5:15pm. Fine. I watched at the other blocks play awhile, and headed to the bus stop again. After waiting for 15 minutes, the A2 bus arrived (I planned to walk from PGP), and it was so full it seemed to be bursting. I went to the opposite busstop for the A1 bus, waited abother 15 minutes, only to see the bus similarly bursting with sweaty people from the block games. Of course a good bunch of those waiting managed to squeeze in, including several guys, while this small lady in front of me had to wait for the next bus. Makonsensya naman sana kayo. My fellow Kentridgeans managed to get into the bus, except the less-aggressive me, and so I retraced my steps and enjoyed the long walk home through the shortcut that Ivy had just taught me earlier.

I'm not complaining. I like to have some "me" time too. And the music on the radio was good. Thank God someone attached radio in cellphones.

Time to study! :D