DOG TALK

Helloooooooooo. Kumusta naaaaa.

That's me drawling my words.

Gikapuy na gyud ko ba. Bat naman kasi, nagpapakabayani pa raw ako. You see, my main aim for the past week has been to SAVE THE MUTTS.

I told you before right, that i had 8 dogs to feed? Here, count them uli.




Ayun, there are five of them na lang, and only four out of the seven puppies. I'm not worried much about Piggy (yes, that's the mother dog's name), but the puppies, who have, sadly been dying one by one.

I remember it was some time last week when one of the three brownish black dogs died, then on Sunday, it was the littlest light brown dog who passed away. Then, only last Tuesday, the other brown dog, who seemed rather limp, decided to stop breathing as well. So sad.

What's miserable is that I see them getting weak by the hour, then they gradually lose their appetite to eat food or suck milk, even if I try to feed them powdered milk using a dropper. What do I do nga naman kung ayaw kumain kahit anong pilit ko? I end up utterly helpless.

This time, it's the little jet black dog (see photo) who seems to have it coming. The rest of the pups are giddy, rushing to their mom to suck milk, while the little one just stays behind to what, sleep or something.

Oh yeah, did I tell you what's killing them all?
Yep, another F word. Those blasted fleas ought to fuck off and DIE.
Pucha, they only seem to fuck around and multiply.

I haven't left the house much this week, for fear that another dog would die. Today I was planning to go to Kidapawan, but it seems that the black dog won't allow me.

Yesterday was the horriblest of my dog chores. You see, I am left totally alone at home during the day, and it is assumed that I take care of the house. That means I clean up dog shit and pee, and feed them and make sure they're basically fine.

The flea attack was intense, so I bathed a couple of dogs, and rubbed them all flea powder. I was on the lookout for these crawling fleas near their kennel, when I realized, the fleas and ticks were all over the front wall of our house! Our cement wall has an "anay" finish, as architects say --the type where there are little crevices of sorts here and there as design -- and it turned out to be the perfect home for the fleas.

I rushed to the gasoline station in the heat of the midday sun, bought some kerosene, placed it in a small bottle, and then i started what I like to call my BUG COLLECTION.

Ayun, I watered down a lot of the fleas, especially the big fat bloody (no that's not British) ones, and took em for a fatal soak in the bottle. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon de-flea-ing the dogs, armed with my fingers and the good old walis ting-ting, until my bug collection was happily floating in my bottle for all the world to see. (The "tiris" method which I used for a few days was getting too messy and unhygienic.)

The fleas keep rolling in, even today, and the little black dog is still weak. I wonder if I can still go to Kidapawan, given the situation, but my mom is rather more fatalistic than I am, and suggests I don't mind the dogs too much.

Ewan ko. We're gonna give away all of the puppies except one, but it just would TOTALLY suck, if the black one dies, and out of the original seven, only three survive, in just a week of flea attack.


P.S.
On a happier note, happy birthday to my mom!
She turned 52 last Wednesday, which turned out to be a holiday pa.
Born in 1952, and now she's 52. Hah.
Trust my mom to think of those clever stuff.

P.P.S.
Tama, i've fixed the blog up. sana okay na tingnan sa mga screens nyo. I also did some stuff, removed some photos etc.. Just click around nalang. Ewan kung okay na, since iba tong screen sa tinrabuhan ko. Hope it's okay na.

P.P.S.
I'm going back to Singapore sometime before July 21. Then I can blog often again. I hope to still go around Manila, pero up to now, di ko pa nafinalize. Haaay. Bilis ng panahon.

No comments: