It's an update!

It's an update!

I remember those days months ago, even a year ago, when finding a new post or update in my blog was nothing to get excited about. My posts came at frequent intervals, sometimes even a number of times a day. Lately, it may seem like I'm a lazy blogger, but really, I'm just a tired and stressed out mugger under pressure. :D

Really, it's mugging time in the university! Everyone's going bonkers, if MSN nicks are to be believed. Tests coming up, papers, the whole deal, but I shan't elaborate much lest I cause you undue stress.

So why am I posting? Hah, let me let you in on a little secret. My dear Mama is one of my frequent visitors. Yey. So since I'm too broke to call home, and, even when I do call, it's always rush-rush because S$10 for 23 minutes is bloody expensive, and I never talk to my mom the longest (relative to Dad and Kai and Lola) since according to her too, she reads my blog anyway. In fact, my dear Mama tells me right before she passes the phone to Dad or Kai, "Keep on blogging!" Hee.

So, because my family loves me and would not mind an update of my life, I shall do the thing I wanted to skip today: I shall blog.


Hmmm..

What more relevant "me" issue than the stuff I told you might possibly cause you undue stress. So I shall say them anyway (haha):

Things that are driving me bonkers right now:

+ Calculus test on 21/3
+ Molecular Genetics (*gasp*) midterm test on 30/3
+ Molecular Genetics (*double gasp*) lab report collection of FOUR due on 31/3
+ Molecular Genetics (*...*) big assignment due on 31/3
+ Intro to Literary Studies midterm test (about ALL of our readings) on 1/4
+ Evaluating Academic Arguments Position Paper of 1200 words on 1/4
+ Payment of $450 for Competition trip on 31/3


Sigh. Even I'm getting stressed just typing those out. But goody, I managed to get through two of my tasks yesterday! My Evaluating Acad Arguments Critique was due yesterday at 1pm, so of course, good little me was able to submit on time... never mind if I was rereading the essay to be critiqued over and over again all day the previous day without enough faults and holes to find, and up to 1245pm, 15 minutes before class, I was still typing and printing the paper (printer conveniently ran out of ink too, btw, at 1250pm).

And of course, last night was International Relations Night! Haha, finally the event that we in the IRC have been preparing for. Yess, it was for this reason too that I was cooking leche flan (very sweet milk and caramel custard) for 150 people 24 hours of Sunday (next time I'll tell the Block to buy a steamer to make my life easier). But the IRN went great! Thanks models Ivy and Robs! And wooohoooo, in the free International Supper afterwards, many people looooovvvvvvvved my leche flan! Yippeee, I was told it was the "best among all the dishes" (the other dishes were mostly spicy and exotic-tasting), "tasted great", "yummy", and some even went back for more servings, and Siaw Ling, a Malaysian friend even wanted the recipe! Ahhh.. that part about hard work paying off rings true once again. Next time I'll work on the presentation! Haha.

And oh yeah, last Monday I confirmed my attendance to the Olomouc choir competion. While my efforts to beg fellow basses Kurien and Charles and Derence to go didn't work, I signed up. It's gonna be fun, I'm sure, and I'm still trying not to appear too excited about the whole thing especially since this is gonna be my first time. Catch is that I'm gonna have to shell out S$1500! The choir is making a great sacrifice too, as they're digging into the funds pool from the previous batches to sponsor about 500 bucks for each one of the 30 or so going. They're sponsoring the choir festival fees and all, while the 1500 we'll pay is just airfare from Singapore to Czech Republic and back. God please let me earn money during the holidays! And, as new President Keng Khoon has emphasized, because they've invested a LOT in this, we have to bring home the gold. Pressure! And my voice "guide" Lyndley isn't going! And incredibly musical Charles! And Bass SL Quee Ming! Presssssure.

Okay, I think this entry's too long already, and I've spent more than 30 minutes of precious time typing!

Smile and be happy everyone. I'm gonna mug like hell this week. God help me in Molecular Genetics. Off to the library I go to have a date with Miss Jean Brodie (that's Maggie Smith a.k.a. Minerva Macgonagall getting an Oscar in 1969 too).



Music of the Moment: Michael Buble & Nelly Furtado's Quando, Quando, Quando
Currently feeling muggerish.