The time to be busy is now

The time to be busy is now

Wow. My blog breaks are now beginning to amaze me. Self-control, people.

Come to think of it, I've sacrificed a number of my pleasures lately, all in the name of intensive schoolwork and hallwork and choirwork.

I'm still drowning in the ocean of tasks I have to do, and slowly it's taking its toll on my morale, self-esteem, my social life, TV/music/entertainment life (I skipped the Oscars, the Amazing Race, Survivor, several OC episodes, American Idol, never checked the Billboard/radio music charts lately even), and my sanity.

And yet, I'm still struggling to keep myself together, and propel my academics up.

Sigh. One can never know what university life is until he's gone to NUS.

I tell myself this is what I signed up for when I took this scholarship (without a bond too, unlike most everyone else), and that all this will pay off sometime in the indefinite future. So we all just hang on and keep moving.

* * *

On a brighter note, I think I can roughly say I'm staying in KR. CCA points are out, and surprise surprise, you've done very good to get 47 total points Jose! (It should in fact be 51, but OSA gets the top 8 activities) Thanks to the NUS Choir which earned me big points, KR Choir (big points -1, also big since they promoted me to SL), the Ridge, Cheering Comm, and other hall performances/activities that gave me points. No thanks to the International Relations Comm (IRC), from which I get only 2 points for the terrible headache it caused. And btw, there are some magic comms too! Haaa. Now I get it.

* * *

How does one describe leche flan? It's this very sweet Filipino dessert (presumably from the Spanish) that's made of eggs and milk and caramel. It's some soft thing, but not like a cake. Custard? Dunno.

Anyway, with the leadership of Karen the self-confessed non-cook and the assistance of Arthur, I set forth to cook the dish over the weekend. Too bad Karen's kitchen had a power trip, so I had to move the stuff to KR (on foot) so it could be finished. And I finished last night. Bloody exhausting. Steaming took forever, and I went back and forth to the third floor kitchen from my first floor room around 23906 times.

Not sure if the taste is gonna ba good, as this is the first time I attempted to do the dish. Next up if it's passable: cook for 120-150 residents for Internation Relations Night next week. Haizzz. The things I do for that two-point IRC I was telling you about.

But at least the leche flan LOOKS good. Will taste test later.