Fascinating

Fascinating.

Seriously that´s all i can say about Europe. But of course that won´t stop me from making long blog entries right? Haha. Actuallz, mazbe this kezboard will. It´s got all these crazy characters, and for starters, the y button is the normal z button. strangeness. But in a verz good waz of course. Hehe.

I´m at Hotel Flora in Olomouc, Czech Republic right now. It´s 546am here, Weiwei my roommate and choir student conductor is still asleep, but I had to drag myself down to take a hot shower because it´s so frrrrriggin´ COLD! And it´s supposed to be late late apring/early summer here.. what more in winter?!

Czech Rep is 6 hours slower than both Singapore and Philippines, so I bet my friends and family are preparing for lunch there. Ma, Dad I´ll call.. after I figure out how to. But hereś the good news. BOTH my M1 and Globe handphones have international roaming! So any important message, please SMS me in either of those numbers. That´s a peso for globe, and hopefully a few cents for M1. :P

We left Changi at 2255pm Tuesday, and we arrived at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol past 5am. 7 hour difference, and ¨I´m too layz to do the math. But it was a long ride, trust me on that, but the food was goood.

Coolest thing was watching the sunrise on the plane! As we were above Vienna or Berlin the orange sun rose gradually on the horizon, and then, after a while, it seemed to have totallz set again! It rose again soon afterwards,¨and of course me at the window seat took the opportunity to take another round of photos!

And oh yeah, haha ignore that last post. A billion billion thanks to Rötana for lending me his camera last minute. And it was with no hesitation at all when he answered ´Sure!´ Thanks loads man.

But haha photo-loving me soon ran out of battery! We took too many photos at the plane and the airport! Amsterdam Airport was cool. They had a lovely mini-museum where I discovered that one of my recent favorite artists was Dutch! Piet Mondrian. I´ve been eyeing his work for a while, even using his work as MSN display pic, thinking of his cubism thing as the theme for my new blog template.. which never quite got around! Hehe.

We flew to Prague and arrived at the airport around noon. The coolness of the experience I felt when we stepped out of the airport into the sun, and I began to remove my jacket. Walau, the sun was up, yet the air was freezing! Fascinating.

We took a half-day tour of Prague and it was quaint and lovely and just breathtaking. Really. It´s terrific to find centuries of important cultural history preserved in the majestic St Vitus Cathedral, the Town Square, the Astronomical Clock, the Charles Bridge, the entire Prague Castle really. I was checking the Prague travel guide I bought from Borders, and whoa, the places came to life! I don´t think I can blog to every bit of detail since haha I don´t really know much of the Romanesque Gothic Baroque stuff the tour guide was saying to us, but Prague was just picturesque, to say the least. And artsy too. Seriously very artsy.

OK, I think the ladies at the counter are giving me strange glances now. Whoops must´ve used the PC too much. Past six now, maybe I´ll just rest in bed and wait for breakfast. Our concert marathon is this afternoon, and we´ĺl be rehearsing in the morning, before we go to an excursion at noon (I think it´s the brewery baby! Beer!), then finally we´ll be performing in the afternoon. Competition isn´t till the 11th though. Wish I could post pics.

Lovely. I didn´t realize Europe would be so refreshing. Hopefully it doesn´t freeze me to death though.

Happiness.