Gold

The unthinkable has happened.

99 points. Gold medal. Category winner. F Category, methinks.

It wasn´t our best performance, seriously. Credo was sharp, Ashita´s starting note B-flat was not in unison, and although Kucinta was very good according to Nelson, there was one off entry by one of my felloow basses in the first part that got me quite distracted a bit.

But apparently we wowed them enough to get 99 points and earn gold. Must be the ingenious peculiarity of Kucinta, the ´miao´ song.

Coolness. The other Singaporean choirs, Anderson Junior College änd Anglo-Chinese Junior College also scored gold medals, and were category winners as well. They competed in the Grand Finals tonight with 4 competitors from Europe. Haha we were wondering for a while why NUS Choir wasn´t in for the Final Finals since we were also category winner anyway, but apparently they only invited 6 choirs for the final show, and AJC and ACJC´s categories were the hotter categories.

We cheered for AJC anyway, since we had the same conductor, Nelson Kwei, and they were more friendly to us. Frankly, too, I thought AJC´s performance was more of a showy crowd-pleaser and ACJC lacked AJ´s vivid expression. Anyway, the similarly impressive less-than-a-year-old choir from Czech was crowned Absolute winner, with AJC the next closest competitor. Well, in fairness to ACJC, they scored full marks (100 points) in the category they competed with AJC, and top choir in the other category, so this shouln´t dent their spirits. But right now, NUS Choir is still for our fellow Nelson baby, AJC. Hehe.

I better wrap this up since I´m feeling a bit tipsy from the beer they served in the after-party. Haha 2 big glasses of Czexh beer and I´m already, well, groggy. Tipsy maybe, since I can still write a decent entry right?

God I am so thankful for the gold. It means an incredible lot to me, really. First year I joined choir, first time I get to travel to Europe, first time I get to compete in a choral contest. The risks were great, for the choir as a whole, which drained the choir fund, but now it´s all bloody worth it. Thank you Lord.

I love NUS Choir. Time to hit the bed before I pass out here.. Back to Prague tomorrow!

P.S. Thanks a lot to those who SMSed and wished us well! Yep I receive them messages all, but sorry no credits to reply. Thanks thanks!