Bum

Bum

"Bum" is such an off word. The very sound of it speaks of unreasonable lethargy, or something that doesn't fit, or something that just doesn't seem right. It reminds me of those error messages I get from my PC, when I don't know, something's wrong, or there's something that requires a critical response from me.

But that's what I've been doing lately, really, just bumming around. Ho hum. Not that I'm complaining really really, it's just that... it doesn't feel right!

Korinna has been off job-hunting the day after her exams (I have too, but in a less proactive way -- meaning waiting for email mostly.. haha I should be disgusted with myself), which was yesterday, and her crazy adventures have been eventful! Check out her newly-designed blog (nice new template btw!) for the blow-by-blow account of it all. She came to my room yesterday afternoon all of a sudden and invited me, but then I was busy (let's get to that later) and totally unprepared and didn't have any specific place to go to anyway. Besides, I thought she was off to find, umm, well, girly jobs that I would not qualify for, like waitress or cosmetics saleslady or tour guide or secretary, which, well, require one to be well, a girl with aesthetic appeal. And walau, wonder of wonders, she was spotted by a modeling agent! And she was asked whether she was already from some agency! Woohooo way to go Korinna! She'll call you, that's for sure. Haha I still seriously think it's fate, you know. Like what I excitedly told you over MSN, if you hadn't stopped by my room and I didn't delay you by X minutes, and if I chose to decide to go with you and delay you by Y minutes, and if you didn't miss the right bus and alighted at the right place at the right time, then it would've been so wrong you know. Wrong place at the wrong time. But see, everything's going nice and dandy for you. Woohooo happiness.

But what really has been keeping me busy? Well, major room clean-up and pack-up. I still do not understand, for the life of me, why there is only one vacation block for KR residents. Okay, so having all "vacationists" in one block may be more organized, but really, is it really inconvenient for hall admin to let us stay in our original blocks at least? At least clump all the residents on one floor or two but in the same block? Ugh. So now I have to pack my bags as if I were leaving for home, only to transfer to a block that's a couple of hundred meters away. And then I'd be moving back to my room in July. ANYWAY.

What else have I been doing? Oh yesss, glorious sleep. Funny, the exams totally screwed up my biological clock, and now I'm afraid it's beyond repair. I feel lethargic during the day, and so I end up sleeping (lately even right before dinner) and at night, I suddenly am so awake and active! Thus, I sleep around 4-5:30AM, and wake up past lunchtime. It's a vicious cycle, really.

But hooray, finally I was able to catch breakfast today! Wow, I've suddenly missed breakfast for almost a week now. Glorious breakfast. Maybe I can still fix my bio clock after all.

And of course, the bulk of what I've been doing is feasting on visual delights -- meaning TV shows and movies! Woohooo I'm catching up on the OC! I've finally managed to clear up enough disk space in my PC to download a grand total of one episode at a time, and I've managed to watch 3 episodes so far. Whoooooooo OC is terrific. Yeah it may be bimbotic and soap-operatic at times, but the soundtrack still kicks ass! And the story is just.. I don't know. I just like it a lot. Hmm.. now I think what Karen said about me tending to get easily swallowed by pop culture may possibly be true indeed.

And of course, American Idol! Woohooo terrific show yesterday with the Top 5. Scott sounded very good, to my pleasant surprise, but hmm.. I don't want Anthony to go yet, really, since I dunno, he seems very pleasant and not pouty and cocky like Scott. I don't want Vonzell or Bo or Carrie to go either. Karen's predicting a Bo-Carrie final two, and it is very likely, but hmm.. I think I like Vonzell better than Carrie.

And what else? Oh yeah Amazing Race! And Eye for a Guy starring Denise Keller! And I chanced upon the Season 4 premiere of Alias the other day! (I never got hooked on Alias, but this one was pretty kick-ass persuasive) And oh yeah, Desperate Housewives! (It's about time I check out DH too!) I went to watch Baz Luhrmann's Romeo+Juliet too in the library. I didn't like the thuggish parts very well, but the love story is, well, you know, let's just say I'm a sucker for stories involving witty people violently in love in the context of the unconventional. And well, it's Shakespeare, what wrong could he possibly do?

Ugh. The patheticity of my current state of living, almost as if thriving on viewing pleasures! (I'm gonna read lots of books this summer too, don't worry.. starting with The Da Vinci Code) And of course, good old surfing and chatting online and bugging my fellow Pinoys when I see them. Don't worry, I'm gonna be productive very soon. I've decided to settle my VISA application soonest, so I've posted on the choir forum my queries on some requirements. I'm gonna look for a job with Ferron and Korinna tomorrow or Saturday, and I'm gonna be done packing my stuff very soon.

I don't know how to insert this piece of information here, but I feel a bit sad that many people are leaving (or have left already). My hallmates, specifically, some of them not even coming back next semester. Sigh. And some of the Pinoy group are about to go home! I almost forgot how quiet it is during the holidays, really. Hmm.. in any case, a good bunch of friends are staying over for the holidays, so that should be okay.

All right, time to leave the room before I spend more hours in front of the PC! I hope clubbing on Friday is still on! :D



Music of the moment: Semisonic's Closing Time
Currently feeling hungry for lunch!