Stranger things have happened

Stranger things have happened

I guess it's that time of the year. I don't know, once in a while, I feel.. for lack of better words, strange. Maybe it's this whirl of emotions that's taken me for a spin, although I don't particularly feel sad or depressed or lonely or anything of that sort. Yeah I'm still broke and jobless, but that's not even bothering me too much. (And oh yeah! I finally remembered! No wonder I lost my money too quickly! I pitched in almost S$800 to purchase almost half of Kai's Mac IBook grad gift! Phew, it's a relief knowing money didn't just go pffft because of my personal spending.)

Anyway, it's just really strange. Maybe I'm just being contemplative? Maybe I've been staring too long at random objects? Maybe idleness had finally gotten the better of me and has finally decided to shake my brain up a bit to see if it's still functional? Or maybe too many things have happened in one day, and now I have to scramble to keep up with the mental and emotional pace.

Well, maybe it's just that I've been reading The Alchemist for way too long already (I'm one of the slowest readers I know--but I'm quite thorough, so that's okay), and maybe it has tinkered with my system and now I unconsciously attempt to find ways to defamiliarize the everyday things, finding ways to penetrate into the ahem, Soul of the Universe, and speak its language. Now I realize that that sounds a bit off.

Anyway, Czech and Schengen VISA applications should be keeping me busy next week, on top of the increasingly intensive choirwork. But right now, I just want to lie down and think a good deal more about stuff. Dunno what about exactly. Yeah I get weird sometimes.


P.S. The Pinoy seniors and I went to watch Star Wars Ep 3 at Jurong Point last night. I thought it was superb. Well, the dialogue could be less trite and more witty, but the fight scenes were good, the costumes were cool, the story was engaging. A fitting final installment to the SW saga.

I couldn't help but remember, too, that the last Star Wars flick, Ep 2, I watched during my AJSS (Ateneo Junior Summer Seminar) days in 2002. Yeah, it was May too, and the juniors bunch had almost (or already) graduated from the seminar, and my good buddies RJ and Archie and I went to watch Star Wars in some SM mall in Manila. Supposedly, RJ and Archie and I were the "Whattamen", patterned after some now-defunct comedy show on TV. Haha. Anyway, I hope everyone in the 35th AJSS is doing fine now, after three years. I miss you all!


Music of the Moment: Lenny Kravitz's Lady
Currently feeling weird.