Overdue

Overdue

Okay, so this update is overdue because really, I'm not starving myself! Well, not anymore.. or at least, not as much. Hehe. I'm okay! And I'm not desperate! They were just "moments".

Apparently that last post sent my parents worrying about me, so thanks Ma and Dad. But I'm all right. I eat okay now, although I'm still figuring out how to get a good lump of money without getting arrested. But point is, I'm perfectly fine.

And cool, I'm actually enjoying the choir practices now. We've been stepping up the practices and cool, I feel I can hit the notes quite decently and have managed to conceal the fact that I may very well be the weakest link. The person I was talking about in the last post had a talk with our Student Conductor Yan Ting and so everything will be hopefully better now. And he caught me on MSN and asked me of my opinion. It was well, very diplomatic, and I manage to strike a balance between being a friend and one of the aggrieved bassos. But everything's okay now.

We've been doing funny tricks in our choir practices, like singing with the lights off, mixing the basses with altos or with the sops, or totally mixing every one with everyone else, or singing while lying down on the floor. For the Kucinta song we have to sound like cats, for the Japanese song Ashita, we must sing the same lines from the perspective of a young and old man, and for Credo, we have to attach some spiritual emotion into it. For the Credo bit it was easy for me since I'm Catholic and just have to make sense of the Latin words, but it'll be interesting for the Buddhists and even non-Catholic Christians (there's this bit about the Virgin Mary and the Holy Catholic Church in the Creed) in the choir. Thus, Yan Ting invited us to find some emotional attachment to the song, like I don't know, some experience, some cherished person or item. Interesting.

And yeah, I finally get some money now. The subsidy list is out, and I get some S$110 bucks for the external performances last semester! And there's this small group external choir performance at Victoria School next week, so that's cool. Well, the fact that I had been selected to sing with the small group of 14 is fascinating enough (although I seriously think the better basses were just busy and unavailable haha).

I've been reading The Alchemist lately as well, and it's very pleasantly quaint. It's the type of book I'd like to read slowly and digest the words, but hmm.. somewhere in the middle when Coelho introduced the notion of love at first sight, I was like.. come on. But still, I'd continue reading of course.

Watched Sin City and some teen flick in Mike's room last night with Mike, Nestor and Arthur. Sin City was, well, gory. In the (Guest Director) Quentin Tarantino way. The cast is stellar, but the story wasn't engaging. Seemed like a series of almost invincible (they don't seem to be human, really) celebs taking violent bloodbaths. And well, the teen flick was British. It had its funny moments, but nah, I mostly remember it for being a British Teen Flick.

BTW, the comments in my previous posts are all gone! Sigh. Maybe because I didn't quite acknowledge BackBlog? Haha.. but still, I hope it's just a server problem and the previous comments and the commenting service will be back soon!

Time for brunch!



Music of the Moment: Los Lonely Boys' Heaven
Currently feeling strangely fine.