Finally

Finally

Thanks Ma and Dad. :D

I'm still broke and jobless, but that's okay. I realize, with my schedule, I don't really have to work after all. Okay, thanks to Dad's VISA too. :D

Latest failed job attempts:
* Waiter job at Kingfisher at Kent Ridge Guild House. The place is just a stone's throw away from KR Hall, but too many waiters already! Haha, and mostly my fellow MFA scholars too! Good luck to you everyone! 6 bucks/hour! Biggest pay, considering free meals, and it's just a 3 minute walk from here!

* Service crew job at KFC, Seiyu Mall, Bugis. My "interview" lasted 20 seconds. Ferron was asked in first, and when he went out after a few minutes, he frowned and muttered "$3/hour only" before I entered. The burly Indian guy who was the manager asked me quickly, "Your friend tells me he cannot work after July, can you?" I hesitated a bit, and duh, of course I can't work after July, because August is when school resumes! And Bugis is a bus and an MRT ride (about 40 minutes) away from NUS. "No Sir, I cannot," I said. "Then I'm sorry I'm afraid I can't accept.. " I smiled, thanked him and walked away, aware of the sound of my application form being crumpled and thrown into the rubbish bin. Strangely, I didn't feel so bad. Not for me, given the overwhelming con's.

I felt a bit deflated as the realization that I would not have work for the holidays and thus not earn any money sank in, but really, my schedule was just crazy anyway. If I accept any job, I'd have to make sure it's only for two weeks, it doesn't clash with my 6-10PM 3x/week choir practices or the voice class or the surprise EXCO meetings or my tasks as Records Sec or my VISA application.

I'm gonna have to be a bit thrifty though, but that's all right.

Bought a new polo chirt at Bugis! Haha, it was a nice brown striped shirt, for clubbing! Woohoo. Ferron says it's for the Czech trip.. and why not? Hehe. $19 only too! That's already cheap!

Ferron, Nestor and I went window shopping for a while, then off we went to Harbourfront to meet Wayne and Mike for dinner at Pastamania (ooh Italian food!). I went back to KR to get some stuff, called Ma and Dad, before proceeding to PGP to watch Survivor (Go Ian! Although I liked Karyn too) and Cold Case.

Ma and Dad! Woooo thanks again. Thanks for understanding my financial woes. And surprise surprise, Ma even was (I don't know if she was joking or not) suggesting that she may even want to give me $3000 so I could go backpacking with two of my fellow basses across several cities in Europe. Haha, I don't think she meant it REALLY, haha but thanks Ma. My conscience can't handle it too anyway. :D And yep, thanks Dad on guiding me on how to use your VISA.

And coooool, I just received an SMS from Hui Yin, our choir secretary and whose group I'm sticking with for the Euro-trip, saying that we may stop over at Berlin! Coolness. So that's Czech-Berlin-Rome and wherever else!

Winnie also just SMSed me and emailed me the possible routes, and in her plan, she's listing France! Wooohooo. So it's Czech-Paris-Rome here, but probably we'll skip Milan and go to Venice straight away, she says. Ahhh.

So I've figured out a masterplan. I'm gonna starve myself A BIT over the holidays, do some "self-enrichment" activities over the break in place of work, practise the choir songs dutifully (since KK says we should aim for gold, and walau, we will be asked to sing as a quartet in one of our practices.. that means a group of 4 [or so due to number restraints] composed of only one from each section should be able to sing the songs! Terrifying!) and have a blast in Europe.

And finally, after the Choir's participation in the Centennial Opening Ceremony on June 25th, I may possibly be going home. "Go home" in the context of Survivor and The Apprentice and American Idol may be a bad thing, but in my case, it's hitting the jackpot. :)

Off to bed to go for Choir EXCO meeting at the Esplanade Library later at noon! Thank God I'm still busy and not idle!



Music of the Moment: Snoop Dogg, Charlie Wilson & Justin T's Signs
Currently feeling giddy.