I'm lovin' Kent Ridge Hall

I got my Kent Ridge senior badge, complete with my name on it, today. Haha it's funny how I'm suddenly having an upsurge of hall spirit when earlier this month I had strongly considered leaving the hall by next year. But nope, being a D-block senior and thus helping out with freshmen orientation for several days now made me realize once again that Kent Ridge is just a terrific family hall with fantastically talented and friendly people.

K6, the culture powerhouse of KR, performed last night. The six culture groups include the Rockers, the KR Choir, the KR A cappella, Inspire, KRX, and KR Dancers performed. Whoa, it was mindblowing. Every single on of them kicked ass! Of course I'm biased towards KR Choir since I sang in it and we had a rush-rush practice before the performance, but walau, the Rockers Aca Inspire KRX Dancers delivered smokin' hot acts!

Afterwards we had Choir and Aca auditions. So I was there, entertaining the freshmen who were queuing up for their turn, and later on, the Choir and Aca guys allowed me to go listen to the auditions! Hehe, first time I actually got to hear other people audition. And woohoo, some people are amazing when they unleash their voices.

And pool games yesterday morning were great! Roca, the attached orientation group to D block, won the pool Captain's ball! Haha and I played in one of the rounds. Roca is a really nice OG, I like. I'm glad I've come to meet a lot of freshmen this year, who all seem like terribly good fun, and I'm happy that we seniors are getting more bonded with all these activities as well.

I was asking Yishu my neighbor about his sudden change of plan. He's now intending to stay all four (or three) years as an undergrad in KR, and not only two years. I asked him why, and he told me with a grin that the new KR girls are worth staying for! And ahhh yes, I absolutely agree that's a perfectly reasonable statement. :D Did I mention we just had pool games yesterday?

All right, morning's here. Time to get my laundry and prepare for one last round of intensive orientation games and the freshmen's graduation. Then it's NUS Choir meeting in the afternoon, and a big freshmen & alumni barbecue tonight! Yey.