Uniquely Singapore

Uniquely Singapore

Ever saw those lovely lovely Singapore tourism ads on CNN? They're terrific. Weiwei my roommate for the Czech trip commented, as one of the ads showed on CNN (no other channel was in English at that time in the morning) that they're too plastic and fake. But the ads were lovely, really. You'd think that Singapore's a magical place what with the pretty ladies and the night sky and stars and magic dust-like stuff or something. Too lovely to be true apparently?

But yeah, the ads were a bit of a stretch, starting with the ladies that didn't even look too Singaporean to be true, but then so are all other tourism ads.

What I can say, though, is that Singapore is a nice place. The fresh air, the lush trees in the metropolis, the feeling of security as you walk the streets even with your bling blings and techno gear ready for the taking, and yes, truly functional traffic-stopping pedestrian lanes where one could cross unharmed even if he were blind and vehicles were originally traveling at 200 kph. You can jaywalk, too, but just note that on the pedestrian lane the pedestrian is supreme, while the vehicles lord it over on highways.

Yep I'm back in Singapore, and I think I'm okay with it.

I still maintain that I'm back so soon, though. One month only in the Philippines: a week spent visiting friends and relatives in Manila, Los BaƱos, Bulacan, and three weeks at home in Davao and in Kidapawan.

I'm too old for this, as I've been here in SG for two years already, but no, could I possibly be a teeny bit homesick? Hehe. Will call home soon.

I arrived at 4pm with Korinna, unpacked the few stuff I brought, then went for choir practice 630-930pm. Then I brought my big bag and one hamper from Arthur's place. Tomorrow more stuff from Arthur then Karen.

KR is different with a new set of freshmen. Stranger because most of my buddy-buddy friends have already gone to PGP or elsewhere. But I'm glad I still have a good number of good buddies here in the block and in the hall. Ivy's still gonna be here (arriving next week), and surprise, some new bridging kids are here in KR as well. Must hunt them down. :D What am I talking about? Haha the Pinoy group is just around.. mostly in PGP now, others in a few other halls or their own house. And haha yeah, I have a good chunk of international and Singaporean friends too. And choirmates of course! But.. yeah.

Hehe somebody should seriously tell me to stop when my rambling gets a bit too much.

Good night!