Picture perfect

Picture perfect

"Photogenic" is one of the terms that fascinate me. If you are photogenic, does that make you handsome or pretty, one whose face is just so appealing it's picture-perfect?
Or does it mean that precisely because you look good in photos, you only look good in photos, and that you're not as "picture-perfect" in person?

There are also some photos that you know you shouldn't screw up. They're the photos at your graduation, with your significant other at the climax of your wedding, the one that has your favorite movie/rock star's arm on your shoulder, the one that captures you making your star pose in your only scene in your theatrical production. That kind of stuff.

I wanted to post some cool choir photos of our Czech trip here. Yeah I have some using the camera I borrowed, but the ones I just saw posted in the forum are different. They're group photos taken by the CFA officer while we were performing, after the announcement of results, that kind of thing. We took the photos using only President KK's camera, since he told us he'll just share them with the rest of us.

Things I learned:
1. Some people look ugly when they sing. I remember reading somewhere that John Mayer looks awful when he sings in concert. Some people look good and popstar-like when they sing, and some people look hideous. I belong to the last group.
2. The don't-ever-screw-up-you-only-get-one-shot photos I was telling you about? Ugh. I screwed them up for the most part. It gets annoying too, when in this really souvenir-type group photo, everyone else's face was visible, and ONLY ONE person's face gets partially covered by some guy in front. It's not the entire face, of course, but we weren't singing, so it promised to be a fairly decent shot, until half of my face was covered.
3. I get amused to find that in the group shot after the announcement of winners, the lone Filipino in the bunch got to hold the Singapore flag. Hehe. But I wasn't photogenic there haha. Heck, the choir won gold, and was Category winner and that's what matters.


OK, lots of events have happened again the past few days, and somehow I don't think I'll rush back and blog everything. Haha good to keep stuff to myself too.

For the curious, I'll ba back in Singapore on the 25th. Time to start shopping for good stuff as they're always cheaper here. :)