Long Days

Long Days

Classes begin on the 8th still, but I'm finding myself very busy already. There's CORS, of course, NUS kids' online bidding of modules. But major stuff keeping me hustling involve the choir and the hall.

Final day of Hall Orientation yesterday, and after a grand set of messy muddy wet games at the soccer field in the morning (which was abruptly cut by a sudden downpour btw) came the graduation of freshmen. I was wet and with mud all over and flour in my face, and rushed to attend the graduation ceremony of the freshmen. After shaking hands with the last of the scores and scores of freshmen, I rushed to Yusof Ishak House for the NUS Choir comm's meeting.

Walau.. little did I know that the meeting would drag on for about 6 hours! We started late, and we had an incredibly thorough discussion about well, choir stuff. It was okay with me actually, since the discussion involved essential material, so it's good to have tackled the issues soonest. There was a part though, where I felt that I was too.. I don't know.. kind? Kind and soft-hearted? I don't know, I guess sometimes that makes you look a bit of a wuss and a loser. I don't know how to put it, but yeah, something like that I guess. I should learn to be more detached and professional and unapologetic if need be. :D Hehe no big deal really.. it's just perhaps a matter of being more professional in matters where things have to be done and understanding that it really is different strokes for different folks.

After the meeting most of the comm went to Munchie Monkey for dinner. Words of wisdom: don't try Munchie's Lasagna Bolognese. I'm sorry, but it's one of the worst ever. It looks and tastes good on the outside, but inside the cheese isn't too melted, and it appears to be cheese powder or partially-melted cheese.. but it looks like egg and tastes bleh. BUT, to its credit, Munchie serves terrific Calamari and oh-so-heavenly Chocolate Brownie!

The Chocolate Brownie with vanilla ice cream on top Li Yi, Weiwei and I were feasting on. Li Yi was way too excited for it to arrive, and when it did, she seemed to be in a trancelike state after the first bite. "Orgasmic" I offered, using Karen's word. And from then on WW, Li Yi and I went on to converse about greener stuff. Haha it was terribly good fun! Yeah it was wholesome still. I think. Iris was a bit too quiet about it though. Hehe. I went back to hall right after to catch what was left of the Freshmen and Alumni barbecue. :)

Today, from 9:30am to about 4pm the choir was at University Cultural Centre to rehearse for tomorrow's Freshmen Inaugaration Ceremony. Tiring yes, but quite fun. We'll be singing four songs, both morning and afternoon sessions tomorrow. One Chinese song too! Hehe cool. And oh, I'm rehearsing and memorizing the Singaporean National Anthem! Haha I think I have it stuck in my head now.

Then I went to church at Holy Cross with Nestor and Ferron, then window-shopping in Clementi The Place to Be with Nez. Got some stuff from Karen too afterwards, and borrowed Nez's Marks & Spencer black polo shirt for tomorrow. Must be careful with it! Thanks again Nestor!

Now it's time to sleep. I hope it's gonna be restful, as I'm still thinking about something that's been bothering me all day. Something that I'm not gonna mention here. I'll handle it of course, so no worries.

Good night.