Chest Pains

Chest Pains

Don't worry, Ma, I'm okay.:D Physically at least.

Lately my chest pains have been more and more frequent. They usually occur during lectures and tutorials.

Dr Lim of my Mathematical Statistics class, for example, goes on and on with his lecture, and, as I scribble down his complex and rather abstract derivations of statistical distributions, I feel a tightening in my chest. He later hands out a take-home assignment due on Wednesday, and as I stare at the paper, I realize I am stumped.. and there go the chest pains again. Dr Wu of my Advanced Calculus class and his French teaching assistant Jelena give me a similar sensation, especially when they say, in both the lecture and tutorial, very easy.. very basic elementary stuff. Dr Biman of my Computer Aided Data Analysis class requires us to learn two statistical softwares, SAS and R, and once remarked to the class (who mistakenly thought we were to do the tutorial in class and not beforehand), How can you do the difficult stuff if you can't do the simple questions? Again, that funny feeling.

I am so behind already. Lord please give me the strength and patience and perseverance to plow through the notes and readings I am supposed to clear.

God helps those who help themselves.