Lalala

Lalala

I wanted to post this entry, however blah it is, sooner, if only to get rid of that blah-er post from being the banner post of sorts. Then again, this is another of those blah posts, so yeah, nothing too groundbreaking has happened lately.

Ooh.. but actually there is something blogworthy. And that is the prospect of having my first job ever! Nestor had kindly referred me to this professor teaching Professional Communication from the English Language department, Dr. Sadorra, and I met up with her yesterday afternoon. Tada! An offer to become a student assistant. Basically we'll just have to go for her classes and observe her students while they examine cases related to the workplace, and how they come up with some written response to their boss or colleague or whoever, before the studes actually proceed to the writing activity. It's not an amazing super job, but it sounds good to me actually. Plus, the classes might be in the global classroom, a place I've never been into before, but it promises to be cool, since it's going to have sound recorders and video cameras all over the place. Dr. Sadorra apparently believes in pushing her subject to the next level, as she really wants a detailed documentation of how the students do their tasks, even their facial expressions and the flow of their discussion, as she seeks to deviate from the usual imagine-you-were-a-boss kind of individual tasks. And oh yeah, Dr. Sadorra is a Filipino as well. Let's see how my job (if it pushes through at all) goes in a few weeks.

In other news, two of my very dear friends aren't feeling too good lately. Hope you both are better now, Jack and Dea. I wish I could do something.

Back in Kent Ridge Hall in Singapore, it's Kevin My Neighbor's birthday today! Happy happy birthday! Seriously, he's one of the nicest guys around, very pleasant and cool. And he does rock climbing! The new head of the NUS Climbing team for this schoolyear in fact. And aww.. Grace threw him a good party at midnight awhile ago. Such a cute couple! Thanks for the yummy chocolate cake (tasted like chocolate ice cream cake!) and the pizza! And cool, for the first time in all my take-out pizza history in Singapore, it wasn't Canadian pizza! But Pizza Hut! Hehe. Well, not that Canadian pizza is bad (I love it in fact), but yeah, here's something new! (Well, only because Canadian pizza wasn't available too, I learned.. haha) It was a small party with close friends and neighbors (first-floor guys), and it was one big laughtrip.

Oh yeah, Kent Ridge Road Race yesterday! I joined last year, and seriously, it was the most exhausting time of my entire life. :D Physically, at least. The route is from the SRC carpark, down the slope of Clementi road, back towards SDE, up the slope passing the Central Library and Yusof Ishak House, and back to the carpark. A good 2.2K too. Last year, I stupidly exhausted all my energy in the downward part, and when it came to the steep upward slope, I thought I was gonna pass out and die. But yeah, I managed to keep a, well, fairly decent (in terms of my physical fitness status) rank. Anyway, this year I didn't run as I had a long day and I came from Clementi to buy a Statistics book. I decided to drop by the race at 6:30PM to cheer them on and help out the Sports Management Unit. Coolness, D block won BOTH guys and girls category! Woohooo go D-block! That, considering many of last year's fastest runners were not present. This new guy ZR (I can't make out his Chinese name), set a new record for KR ever, finishing the course in about 7 minutes. To finish it in 9 minutes is already amazlingly fast already, and this guy was supposedly sick yesterday! Many of the Top 11 slots were from D-block too, including 2nd and 3rd places grabbed by Nepalese brothers Nara and Block Head Basu. Cool cool.

Back to my favorite subject (me of course), I'm tired already from schoolwork, and I'm getting lost in lectures and tutorials already. Time to switch on Dork mode!

Really, this time I mean it. :)



Music of the moment: Texas' When We Are Together
Currently feeling high on coffee.