10 Reasons Today Was Great

10 Reasons Today Was Great

Come to think of it, "Great" isn't probably the right term. Perhaps "Yummy" would be more appropriate.

1) Chicken With Mixed Peppers at Swensen's!

KR Choir lunch at Swensen's at Holland Village! Swensen's is this nice ice cream shop/cake shop/cafe/date place with all the yummy sweet food. It was a last minute thing, with Choir Chair James inviting us for lunch only yesterday night. It was even more last-minute for me, as I decided to go only this morning, when I saw that Allen was the only bass to go. Haha. Besides, I needed a break after my crazy week.

My meal, described as "Grilled half chicken smothered with mixed peppers sauce. Served with seasonal vegetable and U.S. potatoes." turned out delicious. Well, except that Huili and Allen, who were seated beside me and ordered related dishes, and I couldn't figure out what this fried squishy potato-like thingy on a tomato slice was. It was yummy, but it wasn't potato or anything we could think of. Haha Allen called it "stuff". It was tasty anyway.

Yummy meal! And it better be! It cost $13.60! Hehe.. now on to the list!

2) Chocolate Peanut Butter
3) Butterscotch
4) Sticky Chewy Chocolate
5) Peach
6) Yummy Raisin (with rum!)
7) Mocha Almond Fudge
8) Cookies and Cream
9) Yam (Ube in Tagalog)
10) Thin Mint (why is it "thin" anyway?)

AHHH... ice cream heaven! Usually $3 each scoop, I got all those scoops for only $1! All of them together only one buck! Haha amazing. James even paid for everyone's ice creams, so I got all of mine for free. Swensen's offered unlimited scoops, but too bad there's a limit one's tummy can handle! I had a tasting of Frosted Chocolate Malt, Pistachio, and still wanted to try the Chocolate Freckles, but I was afraid it was too much chocolate for a day.

My favorites are the Mocha Almond Crunch (ahh.. heavenly), the Sticky Chewy Chocolate (it was as chocolatey as real chocolate.. almost like a cold moist choco bar), Yam (reminded me of Pinas!), Butterscotch (great but a bit too sweet after a while), and surprisingly, Thin Mint (cools off your mouth in a yummy kind of way).

The Yummy Raisin was misleading! I didn't expect it to contain alcohol! It was okay, really, except that I felt the beginnings of a headache after eating it. Maybe not used to my ice cream being spiked! It was not unwelcome, of course. Haha. It threw off-track my master plan of beating (or at least matching) James in the ice cream race though.

James finished with 11 scoops (his max was 14 years ago), while I finished runner-up. Haha. Not bad!

So everybody head off to Swensen's quick! Unlimited ice cream scoops for one dollar with an order of one main course/pasta! Student's discount too on weekday afternoons!

Wah.. I've never had more ice cream in my entire life. And that many flavors too! $13.60 for all that doesn't sound bad. Not bad at all man!

Wah.. I'm officially slightly happier now after my depressing week. Thanks to ice cream sugar rush!