Muggers Inc. (for real this time)

Muggers Inc. (for real this time)

Hohoho! I'm still alive and awake and up and running! My, that was a *reasonably* longish break from blogging. And I don't think I'll be blogging too much soon! Hah.

I could give a million reasons, but let's just focus on three: (1) killer ST2132 (Mathematical Stats) midterm test on Monday, back-to-back with (2) MA2108 (Advanced Calculus 2) test on Tuesday! Haha that should be enough to drive me insane, but on Friday comes (3) EL1101E (Linguistics) test! Ah.. The joys of school.

EL1101E shouldn't really bother me too much, but after that disappointing Test 1, and my tutor Ms Wee's announcement to the entire tutorial group that the 30% project we submitted last week, was well, worth worrying about, I guess I shall have to give the module that extra nudge.

Missed NUS choir prac yesterday, but it was okay since it was Culture Night at KR! KRX (drama) came up with a play that incorporated all 6 culture groups Dance, Rockers, Inspire (original music), Acappella, KRX itself, and Choir.

We sang "The Gift to be Simple" in the wedding scene, towards the end of the show, as the bride marched with her Dad. For the wedding recessional (and the curtain call that followed), we sang "Seasons Of Love" (which I suggested to them nyahaha). Haha, my basses were good.. love you guys! It could've been a bit better, really, but we showed remarkable progress people, and we sounded good! Hehe.

Seasons of Love is such a nice song, can I just say. I can't wait for the movie version of the musical Rent to be shown! Watch the trailer here, and tell me if that doesn't give you that "Awww.." feeling. ;)

There's this thingy about choir songs, though, that's well, strange. The Gift to be Simple was supposedly a simple song, but took the choir a number of sessions and whackings before we got it right. Seasons of love is a pop song (check out Paolo Santos and Stevie Wonder and the musical versions), which bam, we got in 5 minutes. We just had to listen to the mp3 and then that's it. The choir version wasn't really choir-y, since for the most part, everyone was singing the same thing. And we only sang the first part anyway, and repeated it twice (for the curtain call). Strangely enough, when I asked some of the audience about what they thought of the performance, they always say the second song was nice. Haha. It's always like that, the pop songs seem to be better appreciated. ;) And of course, how could i forget the applause for the "I'll Be There" during NUS Choir's Varsity Voices concert in February?

Hehe. Interesting.

Alrighty, time to figure out how to relate E(X-Y) with the covariance in a multinomial distribution. Statistics rocks. Sometimes.

Let's go Muggers Inc.