The Swamped Series

Swamped Series

Actually the Screw-up Series endures, but right now I think I'm just Swamped.
As for Java, I'm just Stumped (but I'm figuring out stuff now ;)).
As for my Committee interviews, I got Dumped.

But nuff of the negative energy, we'll just call this the Swamped Series.

I never quite understood when my friends tell me it's their so called Hell Week and all, but if the past week and the next week are any indication, I might just be halfway into this blasted Hell Week.

But it's okay, I'm not complaining much, as I've resigned myself to the fact that University life is really busy (heck I had a bridging course also here at NUS as a primer). Still, I find my sleeping pattern all screwed up, my eyebags getting bigger, my zits popping like Pringles, my room getting messier. Wait a minute, WHAT SLEEPING PATTERN? There's no pattern now, in fact. I try to grab some shut-eye sometimes at noon, before dinner, or perhaps after dinner, since I sleep at around 3-4am now lately. As much as possible, I try not to sleep during lectures. That's one thing I'm proud about. Well, that is, if I make it into class, since I sometimes oversleep and skip half of my 8am classes. I didn't mean to, trust me. ;)

Anyway, I won't bore you about the boring details of my all-nighters with Java (it's stressful but I think I'm getting better), my comm interviews, and my essays and assignments, but I'll tell you the more happier stuff.

Culture Nite last night was a success! I sang with the KR Choir (Kent Ridge hall choir), and we sang the cheery When I'm 64 by the Beatles, and this really sad song, The Oak and the Ash. The Culture night this year was different from the previous years', since they integrated the drama (KRX), songwriting (Inspire), a cappella, band (Rockers), Dance, and Choir into a play of sorts. Quite cool actually, and birthday girl Ivy had the most interesting role as an effigy. She was basically running around making faces and laughing. Quite a debut she had. Showbiz debut too. Happy 18th Ivy! And congratulations to Choir for singing more confidently and harmoniously than I expected onstage.

Tomorrow also happens to be the PAP performance at Suntec City Convention Centre with the NUS Choir. I'm rather excited, as this will be the first time I'll see the all-powerful political elite of Singapore, including LKY. We'll perform late into the night, but we have to be there right after lunch! This has got to be one of the biggest shows of the Choir.

Oh, on a more not-so-happy-not-so-sad note, I'm probably going home on December 20. The exams will finish by the end of November still, but the NUS Choir is scheduled to do some caroling. On December 18 and 19, there'll be performances in no less than the Esplanade, so I didn't want to miss it. Also, the major reason is for the subsidy for the overseas competition in June! They say the more that we join in events, the more subsidy each member gets. But of course, I enjoy performing too outside (since I never got to do it in the Philippines), and it thrills me to think of the competition. I hope the time away from home is justified though.

Okay, I think I better stop here as I have mountains of stuff to do again! Good night blogster.